Why fly when you can Miro!
November 12, 2022

Why fly when you can Miro!

Max Mckay, Ing. | TrustRadius Reviewer

I started using Miro to support remote whiteboarding sessions I used to run in person. These whiteboarding sessions range from systems architectures, technology integration diagrams, UX wireframing, but also use cases ideation, prioritization and roadmaping.
Miro allows me to make the sessions collaborative with external participants. It as close as can be to being together in the same room.
Templates also speed up the process to get started with a canvas to build from.
  • Templates are very useful to get started quickly and provides ideas of what else can be done that you may not have thought of.
  • Sticky notes are probably what I use the most.
  • Miro works great with a drawing tablet.
  • Export feature never seems to provide what I expect on first try.
  • I wish I could export frames to slides.
  • Supported business continuity despite global pandemic and travel restrictions
  • Reduced the need to travel and meet in person. Many tasks I can now do remotely.
  • My clients appreciate the professionalism, being equipped with effective technology to drive workshops.
I did not take part into any special type of integration between Miro and other products.
I do appreciate the single sign-on capability however, and not having to use yet another login to use Miro.
I don't know what other integrations are possible but I would be curious to learn more.

Miro has definitely enabled collaboration.
I work in a global organization. I rarely seldomly sit in the same physical location as my collaborators. I used Miro on many occasion as a way to create dynamic environment where each can me an active participants into.
Unlike screen shares, or other types of White boarding app where only one person is in control at any given point, Miro seamlessly allows everyone to take active part. In fact, it even becomes embarrassing for someone not to contribute, because we see exactly who is active and who isn't!

Visio is much more tedious to use to build diagrams.
While it may be better for the final deliverable, I would not use it live in a collaborative session with others.
It does not allow multiple people or external participants to work in the same file, thus limiting the iterative process needed to pinpoint the solution.
Miro is the best option for virtual whiteboarding with participants outside of your organization. It is extremely easy to send a link to an external user, and have them join the board in seconds.
Miro works great from the web page, but the application has been very slow. I stopped using it, and reverted to the web version only.

Evaluating Miro and Competitors

• Product Features
  • Product Usability
The ability to use with participants which are external to my organization is the main reason why I keep going back to Miro.
To my knowledge, no other similar product provides this capability, which is a must have for my job.
Not only does it allow it, but it is making the whole process extremely simple.