Miro is our go-to tool for meeting facilitation
November 14, 2022

Miro is our go-to tool for meeting facilitation

I use Miro to facilitate a wide variety of workshops on a weekly basis. Many of our workshops deal with new service development, sales messaging, brainstorming, and team meeting facilitation. We have been able to leverage many of the templates available within Miro, and have built out a variety of templates we use in these workshops.
  • Templates for workshops for Design Sprints
  • Great tools for things like voting, timers, "bring to me"
  • Great way to memorialize workshops for future reference
  • If you don't have a mouse, navigation can be challenging
  • New users sometimes have challenges with logging in and using the boards
  • Organizing our boards and license types
  • Improved productivity in meetings
  • Improved collaboration in meetings, resulting in better ideas that get to market faster
  • More efficient meetings, resulting in less time spent in meetings overall
We use Miro for every meeting we have that's remote or distributed. It has been critical to helping us connect our dispersed teams, and is now a working norm for any meeting we have that includes people in multiple locations. Our collaboration is significantly improved as a result of working in Miro.

I wasn't part of selecting Miro over MURAL, but as a user I prefer Miro for the ease of use, templates, rich feature set, and far greater adoption.
Excellent for remote and hybrid workshops and working sessions that would have used an in-person whiteboard, particularly when there is a facilitator or leader of the working session. Very useful for projects that span many days, creating new sections of the board for additional meetings and workshops as we go so that we can review past ideas and work.