Make online meetings great again
November 15, 2022

Make online meetings great again

I use it in my daily routine as a agile coach:
- for personal ideas describing like block schemes, process structure, mind map
- for scrum team meetings facilitation: planning pocker, schedules for sprint planning, retro scenarios, 1on1 notes
- as the main workspace of agile coaches community. We have all our work on the board: process ideas and description, trainings and workshops scenarios, canvas, etc.
we use it as a whiteboard, schemes builder and knowledge base space

• Voting function
  • Mindmaps and schemes builders
  • Uploading of other content
  • Templates
  • Meeting function has to be developed for the greater UX
  • Text size limit
  • Support of fonts (especially not only latin fonts)
  • Ability to change stickers color and shape
  • Better shapes (arrow looks bad when you scaling it)
  • Managing of remote teams
  • Saving money for another apps (for retro, for planning poker, for basic diagrams
  • Improved collaboration
I have almost never used it for integrations. I know it could be integrated with atlassian. For me is important something like two-ways connection. I do not know if this feature exists in Miro.
Also I do not know if I can trust apps that I can link with Miro from their store because idk how it is checked and who can contribute.
We have a lot of remote workers and multiple offices so Miro helps as to collaborate online and in different time zones. We have team boards and boards for specific projects or tasks so we can use the open link to share team updates or info (like roadmaps or workflows)

The best for me is retrospective templates. There you can use timer, voting, stickers, prepared templates, add your content. It is funny and even reacher functionality than IRL.
another one is training creation. You can use it like a shared knowledge base for all facilitators with meeting feature. But I want to see hidden comments for facilitation guide or tips that only owner/presenter can see.

I think Miro is not the best choice for roadmap creation. For me, it is not enough integrated with management systems so it is better to choose the native roadmap tools in another apps.