Namely, HR's Best Friend
May 26, 2021
Namely, HR's Best Friend
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Namely
Namely is being used across our organization as our HRIS. It automates many manual processes like time-off tracking and performance reviews. Namely solves the internal communication issue while reducing email volume. It also provides a vehicle for employees to connect socially since we have a distributed workforce. It makes information and resources more accessible to employees when they need it. It eliminates the paper from all of our processes in HR which contributes to our sustainability goals. The reporting and analytics functions allow us to provide data easily to our management team.
- The social feed helps employees feel connected to what's happening in the company.
- Analytics tool is great for getting management buy-in and making decisions.
- Onboarding is extremely easy for both admins and new hires.
- Goal tracking tool is easy to use and helpful for employees to see their progress.
- Time off tracking tool needs to be more customizable to accommodate varying types of PTO policies. Employees need to be able to easily see what time off they have available.
- Performance reviews need to be more streamlined and user friendly for managers. They should be able to see employee responses while they complete reviews. A side-by-side view would be helpful or integrating the responses by question in one view would work as well. It's just very clunky right now for managers. Would also be great to have a place in Namely where managers can keep performance notes (outside of a scheduled review) on employees to reference during reviews and 1:1's.
- Increased foldering capabilities in the Resources section to have folders within folders for better organization of resources.
- Decrease lag time for benefits updates with providers.
- Updates made in HR profiles should flow over to Teams page, like title and reporting line changes.
- Ability to search the feed would be great.
- Analytics on site usage, i.e., pages visited, resources accessed. This data would help show management the usage and engagement of employees as well as ROI.
- More posting capabilities in the feed would be good. Allow posting of videos, audio files, gifs as well as increased text formatting capabilities.
- Lots of time saved by HR team with Namely automating employee transactions.
- Improved employee self service
- Increased connection between remote and office staff through the social feed.
Namely provided certain features that we were looking for that the other vendors did not, specifically the social feed. We do not have a company intranet so we needed a place to communicate and store resources in addition to managing HR and Benefits. Namely provided that combination plus more.
The implementation team was very nice, but didn't seem as knowledgeable as they should have been in terms of the product and its capabilities.
It is much easier to have one platform for employees to use for various HR tasks. It is less of a burden for admins and employees to manage and use one platform versus multiple platforms. Our President is not a fan of having too many systems/platforms in place. Doesn't want to burden employees with having to remember multiple logins and which system does what so it was a huge plus for Namely that they covered so many HR needs in one platform.
Time off tracking, benefits enrollment, performance management, onboarding, employee changes. This has saved so much time and paper as well as provided greater employee access to information.