NetSuite CRM+ Review: "Given the choice to start over, I would choose an alternative."https://www.trustradius.com/crmNetSuite CRM+Unspecified7.5581012013-12-13T21:16:49.615Z
Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite CRM+
- The eCommerce tools (Web Store, Inventory Management, etc) seem to work well, but we aren't an online retailer or manufacturer, so we don't utilize these modules.
- The SuiteScript customization ability is extremely flexible, and allowed us to create specific workflows necessary for our internal business processes.
- Tier 1 Support Resources are not knowledgeable enough to do more than read from their fractured documentation, and their turnaround time on cases ranges from 1-2 weeks to years. That isn't an exaggeration. I got the first response from a Tier 2 tech last month (Nov 2013) for a case I opened in September 2010.
- The NetSuite SOAP API is poorly documented, and internally inconsistent within the little documentation that does exist. It does seem to perform well once implemented, but getting off the ground is a pretty large hurdle.
- NetSuite Calendar Integration with Outlook has been a disappointment. Our sales team have to maintain two calendars, because NetSuite's Outlook Integration tool has been known to delete events at random, and doesn't support Outlook 2010 or 2013.
- Overall, NetSuite has provided a positive ROI through some increased efficiency in internal business processes, however the ROI is gradually dropping with each additional renewal and price increase.
- Case/Issue Management has been a great tool for our Customer Service Reps to use, as well as for management to measure the performance of our CSRs.
Using NetSuite CRM+
NetSuite CRM+ Implementation
Highly consider using a consultant for the implementation. Also be prepared to change your internal business processes to fit within NetSuite, as the opposite is much more difficult to maintain long-term.
- Poorly planned design for customizing "Stock" NetSuite Functions into our existing Business Processes using their SuiteScript API. This customization has since caused numerous problems with subsequent upgrades that require us to re-customize the features of NetSuite again, twice a year.
NetSuite CRM+ Support
For simple issues (that can be answered by reading the documentation) NetSuite support seems to have a good ability to resolve our issues. Unfortunately, anything beyond that ability requires escalation into the black hole of their Tier II / Tier III Support.
Problems left unsolved
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Yes - Again, it depends on the case. Simple cases are resolved within hours, and usually have a good response time from the Tier I Support Reps. Unfortunately, it's never the simple cases that crop up. Tickets requiring escalation often take weeks or months to get resolved by Tier II or higher support.