Great cloud service, stacks up against competitorshttps://www.trustradius.com/cloud-storageOneDriveUnspecified8.14981012018-12-20T01:00:19.794Z
December 19, 2018
Great cloud service, stacks up against competitors
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with OneDrive
OneDrive is a brand new tool being used by my company as a Cloud sharing service. We share documents for collaboration, work flows for input, and HR tracking. It's being used all over the company, slowly being picked up from department to department. It helps to have a central place to put files that are only accessible to those you invite.
- Business version has very large limit, likely will never run out of space.
- Live editing, you can see who is working in what (kind of like Google Drive).
- Auto-save feature!! Has saved me more than once for sure.
- When internet connectivity is bad, there is not a back up way to save.
- Sometimes files show up for some people and not for others. If this is a connectivity issue, they should still be present in the folder but maybe be marked as grey to show that they are still uploading.
- Staff have accidentally written over things because of the Auto-save feature. Both a blessing and a curse in that way, sometimes you have to manually turn it off if you are just running scenarios.
- Helps to manage tasks, keeps everyone aware of progress made (user versioning features).
- Not particularly expensive for a large company, especially with virtually unlimited space.
- Team in the field complains about the connectivity reliability feature. Really a sore point, but that's for any cloud service.
Well suited for teams, when collaborating is required, where internet connectivity is strong, and when you only need to share a certain folder with certain people. Less appropriate if you are working in countries where fast internet is harder to come by, when there are shared drive alternatives it isn't really needed.