OneNote the Last Note-taking Software You'll Need
May 25, 2019

OneNote the Last Note-taking Software You'll Need

Overall Satisfaction with OneNote

OneNote is used by several of the sales agents in my department as a digital file folder. It becomes home to all the important information needed for a sale: web research, budget projections, proposals, important emails from clients, brochures for the client, and anything essential to the travel project we are working on. It is a wonderful way to combine information from different programs into one location. For example, you can easily read emails and a printout of a spreadsheet without leaving the program.
  • Data Gathering - It is extremely easy and efficient to get information into OneNote. Outlook has a button to send emails directly to the program, there are browser add-ons to clip research, and you can print to OneNote from any program. Once in the program, filing the information into the right note/tab is a sinch.
  • It is not complicated. Several of my tech-challenged coworkers, use this program with ease. I even hear comments about how much they like it.
  • The styling and formatting options of the notes are limited.
  • Sizing an embedded spreadsheet is challenging.
  • Table columns auto size unnecessarily.
  • This product has increased workflow. It is easier to collect information on clients in one spot than our CRM is.
  • Using OneNote has eliminated some of the printing files in our office. We're not paperless, but this is a nice way to reduce printing.
  • It is nice that is is part of the Office365 suite. It then is not another expenditure.
OneNote has quickly become my notetaking software of choice. It integrates seamlessly with the programs I use on a daily basis for work. Perhaps if I didn't have the program through Office 365 I would still consider Evernote. I find that OneNote has decent search functionality. I had the same type of organizational ramp up like any other note-taking software. Once you answer the question of "now, how do I want to organize my files in this program?" And then understand what your notebooks, tabs, and notes are going to be, you'll be all set.
I love the desktop program. It is quick, doesn't give me any problems and I've had no problem importing information. I like the program less online and when using the mobile app.
I can't sing the praises of this program enough. Its usability is great. The interface is easy to navigate. I've never had a program across platforms. It is a reliable program.
OneNote is great for projects. It can hold information in notes, notebooks and various tabs. This helps keeps projects organized and the information you need just a click away. It is also easy to share information with teammates. The online, desktop and mobile versions are handy when you need a cross-platform solution for your note taking needs.

OneNote Feature Ratings