Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
We use Optimizely in the marketing department to tweak and modify our paid search landing pages for maximum conversion. It gives us the ability to see how people interact with our pages and see which assets are driving value. The ability to split into multiple variations gives us the flexibility we need to test on the fly.
- Optimizely's user interface is simple enough to use and understand quickly. You can select elements to track by just clicking on them.
- Optimizely's goals are easy to set up.
- Optimizely has a lot of great resources that help educate it's users.
- The way goal targeting works is a bit confusing.
- The snippet verification never seems to detect our snippet. Regardless, the tests run fine and are tracked properly.
- Lead conversion has steadily grown with our iterative testing.
- We've seen what types of things leads are looking for through optimizely.
We use crazyegg in conjunction with optimizely. They aren't really direct competitors. Crazy is graphical heatmap tracking of a page and doesn't A|B test. We need Optimizely to split out our testing variations for us and then we use Crazy Egg to supplement our knowledge for a fuller picture.
We are never done testing and Optimizely has been the best tool for us so far.
It's great for testing all varieties of things. I haven't tested anything other than straight HTML so I wouldn't know about it's performance with java or flash. The goal setup process for those languages are a bit more involved and custom, from what I've seen. Support is great though so they'll help walk you through their product.