OutSystems - a great product and a great company.https://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentOutSystemsUnspecified8.41701012019-10-03T16:23:57.194Z
October 03, 2019
OutSystems - a great product and a great company.
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with OutSystems
OutSystems is being used to replace legacy apps across our organization. We expect it to allow faster app development, improve business workflows and improve usability. At the moment users bounce around through several applications to look for the information they want. We are taking the opportunity to create new products for them that are linked to their specific needs.
- Ease of use - a novice programmer can put together an application quickly.
- Strong integration with other features and services through Forge.
- Good after purchase support - they really want us to be successful!
- Implementation was a little slow for our liking (3+ weeks).
- A local user group would be a welcome addition (I know that is hard unless there are plenty of users).
- Getting this product into the hands of "grass roots" developers would be a big and welcome set up.
- Still trying to analyze that. Actually, that would be a big help if OutSystems could work with the company to set those metrics.
We looked a couple of platforms - but limited our research to those in the Gartner magic quadrant. They were all similar, or at least each had strengths and weaknesses. We choose OutSystems because: 1) they were .Net based as opposed to Java 2) they were SQL server-based and 3) they had on-prem installation.
The technical support if very good - although I had one outstanding ticket having to do with our lifetime analytics. The CSMs are very attentive and adaptable to our needs. The product and deployment capabilities are excellent and have injected some fun back into our development efforts. Developers are curious and interested in how to use the product.
Do you think OutSystems delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OutSystems's feature set?
Did OutSystems live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OutSystems go as expected?
Would you buy OutSystems again?
Well suited for offices where users have multiple screens. Not so well suited for those with smaller/lo-res screens. Well suited for Development Teams and companies that are familiar with agile development techniques/procedures. It is a culture shock for groups that do not have this background. A little more help for those in that situation would be great.