Overall Satisfaction with PrestaShop
We were recommended PrestaShop by a consultancy group that helped us with some BigCommerce customization. PrestaShop is an open source software and we thought we'd have more leeway in modification than we have with BigCommerce. We chose PrestaShop to serve as our e-commerce platform for our primary website and several supplementary websites.
- PrestaShop is Open Source
- I could see no other benefit using Prestashop
- PrestaShop has very little online documentation compared to other e-commerce platforms
- PrestaShop's answer to everything is, "oh, there's a module for that" Cha-ching
- PrestaShop is not very intuitive and the back end is clumsy to work with
- If you don't have open source developers on staff it will be costly.
- The out-of-the box solution is not really a solution. Be prepared to hunt down modules to do standard things you'll want to do.
- The interface is unlike the e-commerce usual. There will be a learning curve and don't count on online documentation.
It's a no-brainer for e-commerce stores. BigCommerce and Magento both far out-distanced PrestaShop in every major category. If you're just getting into e-commerce, I would highly recommend either BigCommerce or Magento. Their online documentation and support far outweigh any advantages you'd have over going with an open source software like PrestaShop.
Do you think PrestaShop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PrestaShop's feature set?
Did PrestaShop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PrestaShop go as expected?
Would you buy PrestaShop again?
I will admit we've been spoiled by using BigCommerce for years and prior to that, Magento. Moving over to PrestaShop has been a nightmare compared to those two solid e-commerce solutions. True, with PrestaShop, it's been easier for our developers to API to our ERP, but overall, from a user perspective, I would not recommend PrestaShop for any business solution.