Overall Satisfaction with PrestaShop
Last year we started the process to move from an outdated Magento installation to a new e-commerce platform. After reviewing several systems, we found PrestaShop met our needs best and started the migration process. During the configuration process we noticed that the system can get very complex and especially the slow performance caused us a lot of headaches. In due time we had to upgrade our server resources to a least be able to work with the system without running into Ajax issues. Another very annoying problem are random white screens, especially in the admin area.
- Very flexible product configuration
- Clear and well structured workflow with customer management and emails
- Very slow. Google complains about loading times, means the ranking will be bad!
- Very unstable--loading a module can crash the back office. Hard to restore--even a full restore sometimes won't work.
- Needs mostly additional modules, which are not free
- Display module positions are template dependent. Once a template is changed, Prestashop does not remember the old settings. For updates it's recommended to change to the default template--this means all customization done on our template is gone.
- Weak reporting
- Due to the lack of performance, SEO was never good
- ROI currently negative due to high amount of time spent to keep it running
- We now have to decide on another system, as we can't run Prestashop in the future--double the effort and cost!
Do you think PrestaShop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PrestaShop's feature set?
Did PrestaShop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PrestaShop go as expected?
Would you buy PrestaShop again?
The lack of performance and the unstable system make it very hard to use it for a serious e-commerce application.
Since we use PrestaShop OpenSource there is only community support. What we found is that many other users fight with the same problems and there seems no solution or input from the PrestaShop developers' side.
PrestaShop Feature Ratings
1 - Must have solid web server experience, with PHP, MySQL, and backup/restore procedures.
Evaluating PrestaShop and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
OpenSource with a good user base. Must have required options for product complexity and shipping.