Overall Satisfaction with Procore
The construction division of our organization is using the software as a test platform for one project. It is used to manage the project management requirements for the project. We use Procore for Submittals, RFIs, Daily Reports and other project management functions. This aids in collaboration with the construction manager, engineer and owner in processing project paperwork.
- Procore is a collaborative product. When all of the project participants are using electronic media Procore can make the submittal process and project communication with the stakeholders seamless thus saving time and effort of the project team.
- Good program interface. Drop down menus make data entry easy. Easy retrieval of information through search routines.
- Great customer service. Procore listens to our specific needs and and tries to tailor the software to meet our needs.
- Neat features such as mobile functions for field use.
- Procore is a collaborative product. When not every team member is online more work needs to be done to make submittals using PDF functions.
- Cannot tailor functions to company specific needs. You must use Procore designed templates which do not always match our company's templates.
- Procore has made our project management process more streamlined. We used to use spreadsheets to perform the same function that the software now does for us.
Procure is a good project management software most suited to collaborative use. The software works well for writing RFIs, submittals, and DFRs. Tracking the status of project specific information is intuitive and presented well for all stakeholders. If the owners, engineers and construction mangers are not all using computers and email, the software becomes more cumbersome to use and make project specific submittals. The software is designed around use of emails. Correspondence by letters is not well supported. We have been told by Procore this is not a widely used feature of the software.