Procore for Tenant Improvment Company
February 05, 2018
Procore for Tenant Improvment Company
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
The hardest part about the implementation of Procore was getting all of our subcontractors uploaded into Procore and getting the correct contacts in for bidding. All of this information was with different people throughout our company, so getting it all into Procore and making sure it was correct was quite a challenge and caused the most growing pains for us. It was one of the reasons we had to wait to implement bidding because we couldn’t take the risk of sending out RFPs to people that weren’t correct or weren’t going to use Procore.
Our initial Procore inplementation rep was not great at explaining what needed to be done to get our team ready for he switch to Procore. When we got to our account manager, she was most able to help us work through some of the problems we were facing.
Procore is being used across our construction department, both field and office personnel. It helps with the tracking and implementation of construction documents (RFIs, submittals) and helps us get information to our field team (and vice versa) in real time. It is a better way for our field team to log daily reports and 2 week look aheads, as well as job site photos. We also complete all of our bidding through Procore.
- Submittals - it simplifies the process making all communication, documentation and approvals available to all that need it and all of the information all in one place.
- Photos - being able to take, upload and edit photos and have them available to the team in real time makes providing updates to the project manager very easy when they can’t be on the job site. It is also wonderful to be able to produce a document of all of the photos of the project to a client in a streamlined and organized way.
- Flexibility - we have been able to work with our Procore team to really customize Procore to how our team does business and the types of projects we complete. They are always improving, so that makes it easier and easier to make it a system that moves in line with how you do business as opposed to having to change the way you complete your projects.
- We would like to be able to make edits to the project right from the company home page.
- Customize and create new fields in the company home page for companies to organize how they list and view projects.
- Be able to customize the bidding section and add fields for owner/client, notes on the overall bid, estimate bid value, etc.
We have most definitely been able to benefit. We have several projects where the client contact is based out of a different state and isn’t able to come to the job site. Because of the ease of setting up users in Procore, we have been able to provide access to the clients entire project team and hey have been able to get daily progress photos and stay up to date on what is happening on the job site 1000 miles away.
- Increased efficiency - instead of having multiple spreadsheets in different files all over our server to track all of the documents they are all in one convient place that the project team can access from anywhere.
- Increased efficiency - our project engineers no longer need to move between multiple systems for bidding and active projects and can easily and deftly turn a bid into a project while keeping all of the previous bid information within the project.
- The time is takes for our field team to create daily reports has gone down and they are able to make them much more detailed and can attached photos.
With everything else that we evaluated, we went with Procore because it offered a “one stop shop”. It had the ability to limit the multiple programs we we using for different things (share file, Dropbox, smart bid, sage).
It is perfectly suited for companies that are completing large scale, ground up construction. Our company completes tenant improvement projects which it is not as well suited for since our projects move very quickly and there are sometimes too many steps to move through, but as I stated previously, with the help of our Procore rep, we have been able to customize and really make Procore work for us.