Updated April 10, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
We have developed multiple custom applications to manage a wide array of business processes. It has been especially valuable to us in managing operational risks through our home grown validation of control application. It is used by over 500+ employees across multiple lines of business inside one of three corporate groups.
- Quickbase allows us to create and customize forms and fields that can be tailored exactly to our business vernacular and needs.
- Ad hoc reporting allows us to slice and dice all of our information in endless ways that help to serve a multitude of audiences.
- By building applications in Quickbase, the platform enables us to model our business that helps us identify and implement process improvements.
- More granular role-based access reporting would be useful.
- Easier to use smart forms that incorporate conditional drop down boxes (if this... then that choices)
We have built over 5 very different custom applications that each meet and simplify different business challenges. The flexibility and customization capabilities are one of Quickbase's greatest value-adds.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
In order to collaborate across our company, our solution would need to be accessed from employees across numerous domains and sitting behind numerous firewalls. The web based access was one of the simplest and most powerful benefits first realized that allowed our teams to immediately begn to collaborate and streamline our disparate processes.
Little to know technical knowledge is required to develop application in quickbase. Most important is to have a strong grasp on the business challenge and available (or required) data necessary to solve the problem.
We regularly update and modify our application(s) to reflect the ever changing organizational structure of our company. Associates come and go and roles and responsibilities change frequently. Making these changes inside of quickbase helps promote awareness across the user base.
Integrations and Governance
Simple integration utilizing the link (URL) feature in QB to point to SharePoint.