RE NXT your new BFF
Updated September 07, 2016
RE NXT your new BFF
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Raiser's Edge NXT
We are a small non-profit organization. We use Raiser's Edge NXT as our fundraising database of record. All development financial reports are generated from Raiser's Edge as well as the data for mailings etc. Raiser's Edge NXT is primarily used by the Development team, with additional users in the executive office. Because we have less than 30 employees, our staff wear many hats. Our fundraising team was not able to easily keep up with the software updates so we had fallen behind in the version of Raiser's Edge that we were using. In addition because we are in the cloud, we freed up server space for the organization.
- Cloud based tool allows employees to log in from remote locations.
- Software updates performed regularly and in off peak hours.
- Query process is still a bit clunky - user needs to know exactly which field to choose etc. Also queries still produce a lot of duplicates.
- No easy way to output large list for use with more than First, Last and Largest gift.
- I realize the time out function in the cloud and Raiser's Edge are for security, but feels like I'm constantly logging back in to the database.
- Operational Efficiency
- Reduced IT expenditure due to cloud deployment
We have achieved both operational efficiency and reduced our IT expenditure due to cloud deployment.
Our organization has participated in quite a few of the instructional and educational webinars offered by Blackbaud. The webinars share industry best practices which are very helpful for non-profits with limited travel and professional development budgets.
Our organization does use Wealth Engine. I know that Blackbaud offers something similar that does Wealth Screening. In addition our organization uses a third party credit card and check processor for Sustaining and credit card gifts.