Overall Satisfaction with RedCarpet
RedCarpet is used by LPR organization-wide for all onboarding. We used to spend a lot of time chasing new hire paperwork and getting forms filled in correctly, Red Carpet solves those problems.
- Automated I-9s - worry-free processing and Everify
- Work flow for management of documents that several users may need to see - keeps you organized
- The date fields can use some better functionality - just a minor needed improvement but it seems to cause trouble for those not used to working on a computer, they don't know how to use the calendar drop down.
- In the beginning we had a lot of trouble with different browsers, that seems to be improving.
- Positive impact to ROI, we don't have hard numbers for overall but just in time spent on chasing paperwork I would say we save a minimum of 20 minutes per new hire and we hire 600+ people/year.
- We save an unknown amount on properly completed I9 forms since the system doesn't let you make errors that were always common on paper forms.
RedCarpet is the first electronic onboarding system I have used. We did get proposals from other companies, but RedCarpet is working very well for us and has achieved the streamlining of onboarding that we hoped it would.
RedCarpet is great for keeping onboarding organized and your work flow the way you need it to be so all internal paperwork requirements are done to your satisfaction. The biggest flaw and it's not really a RedCarpet flaw, is that some people are just not computer literate and we spend time walking them through completing their onboarding. This may be more common in our industry but it is the biggest challenge we have with using RedCarpet.