Overall Satisfaction with Rubrik
We have been using Rubrik for a few years now and it has been a very positive experience. Primarily it has helped us move away from our aging tape backup system and allowed us much more visibility and clarity on our backup strategy here at the university. We use it to capture the following workloads that cover data from all over the university and managed by central IT: Vmware virtual machines, NAS file shares, HyperV virtual machines, Nutanix virtual machines and huge quantities of Microsoft SQL.
- Live Mounting SQL for OBDC checks and for restores of tables.
- The single pane of glass and a single point of management and visibility was a huge win for us - as we moved away from a legacy tape backup solution. Rubrik modernized the whole approach and bought the simplicity to the backup model that we certainly needed!
- There is now a vast selection of objects that Rubrik can backup - it fitted our needs perfectly for all our workloads.
- Error reporting can be hard to interpret and chase out.
- The laborious task of tape backups has gone - saving a staggering amount of staff time!
- A single pane of glass that all the technicians can see and use.
The GUI and ease of use make this an accessible option for all - the dashboards, compliance metrics, and system health are available within 2 clicks. And PowerShell and reporting can deliver this info directly to your inbox/team too.
The support has been good. Some tickets obviously take longer and the support is now global - but that hasn't had a negative impact on us.
These things often come down to price - so do consider your business case and allow Rubrik to assist in their widest form. Its by no means "just" a backup tool anymore. However if your workloads are small and you are simply backing up a few TB in total Rubrik may be overkill for your needs.