Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce Community Cloud
Community Cloud is being utilized as an internal employee intranet at my current organization. 12 different companies under one parent umbrella are able to access the Intranet, see data specific to them (alerts, announcements, volunteer events, knowledge articles, etc.), and communicate amongst each other. We have a team directory available with photos for everyone. We also have a streamlined ticketing system so each division can submit tickets based on their company.
- Customizable UI with the ability for design.
- Easy to use plugins to customize your page fully without any code.
- Connected to the internal database.
- Great drag-and-drop functionality, but more difficult to control without fully coding the page.
- I would like more functionality around knowledge articles.
- I would like an easier way to adjust the log-in page and options.
- Company-wide communication improvement.
- Hosting of company documentation and policies to remove other 3rd party vendors and costs.
- Sourced resources based on specific requests for more streamlined processes, company-wide.
Community Cloud is directly connected to the database (Salesforce), so there is no need for a 3rd party or an API to bring systems together. This means that CRM users can see all Intranet items from Salesforce directly. It's also extremely straight forward in use, but can be impressively enhanced once a Salesforce expert takes the reigns. The options are endless!
Community Cloud support is a bit more difficult to come by. Salesforce support, in general, is extremely responsive but might be a little tricky in finding exact experts with answers and guidance. The best bet is to use Trailhead or a support community to find answers, ideas, and other users with similar questions.
Do you think Salesforce Experience Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Salesforce Experience Cloud's feature set?
Did Salesforce Experience Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Salesforce Experience Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy Salesforce Experience Cloud again?
Community Cloud is great for an employee Intranet where data needs to be segmented to all company users. It is also great for partners who need some access to your database for pipeline or visibility, but not a full CRM license. It can also be utilized for hosting forms and surveys where full access isn't needed, but syncing back to the system is required.