Samanage - Great product for SMBhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmSolarwinds Service Desk (formerly Samanage)Unspecified7.4431012017-11-08T22:48:06.822Z
November 08, 2017
Samanage - Great product for SMB
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Samanage
Samanage is being used across the entire organization for user ticket submission. It addresses the need to centrally document tasks, tickets, inventory, and contracts for the IT department. Our IT team works incidents, tracks inventory, lease expirations, solutions, and problems in the system.
- Cloud-based: Easy to spin up and start using quickly. In the event you have an outage of your own systems, it's good to know the ticketing platform is not in the same data center.
- Inventory: This product does a good job of mixing in agent-based inventory and data entry based inventory. Most systems I've found manage the computers really well and not the other parts well, or vice versa. I feel like Samanage gives you the best of both worlds. You can inventory your computers with an agent, getting all sorts of additional great detail, but still makes it easy to manage inventory of other assets like TVs, switches, etc...
- SLA Monitoring: Good reporting to let us know how we're doing.
- Development timelines are not clearly communicated. It's hard to know if/when a request will be implemented.
- Awaiting input tickets with responses from users don't automatically go back to in progress.
- Not as much fine-grained configurability of options as you'll see in the larger enterprise systems. If it fits your needs, it's great, but if it doesn't, it can be a bit inflexible. It's important to trial it out first and have a list of your non-negotiables before you buy.
It is extremely well suited for the SMB market place and small IT shops. When you start to get to the enterprise level, some of the things you can't custom configure will hamstring you. It will do 90% of the things you want and do them pretty well. You just have to make sure that the 10% that doesn't work the way you'd like isn't a deal breaker for you.