Overall Satisfaction with ShoreTel
ShoreTel provides voice over IP phone services for our entire company. ShoreTel allows us to place inner office phone calls and provides a company directory as well as instant messaging between users and teams.
- ShoreTel has instant message capabilities that allow users to communicate without interruptions.
- ShoreTel has been around for years and the company is stable.
- It just works, we've had zero service interruptions that can be directly attributed to ShoreTel.
- The user interface looks like something straight out of the 90s.
- ShoreTel has lower revolving costs than many competitors and this helps keep costs affordable and predictable over time.
ShoreTel was one of the earlier VOIP solutions available. They established themselves as a leader early on but lack a lot of innovation that newer VOIP companies bring to the market. Everything comes at a cost, want a conference bridge, you're going to need a license. Want Video Conferencing, going to need a license. Want instant message features, going to need a license. Want the ShoreTel Mobile app, going to need a license. A lot of competitors have these as base features. If there's a licensing issue you have 60 days to resolve the issue or the entire ShoreTel server will lock, once its locked you have to pay a fee and then correct the licensing issue. At the end of the day its a VOIP solution that is well established and the system just works.
Shoretel is a great mid-sized business phone solution that just simply works. The older 100 megabit phones are competitively priced and very reliable. With some quick notes on how to configure accounts and extensions the system can be easily managed.