ACT! Review for all
April 17, 2020
ACT! Review for all
Score 9 out of 10
Sage Act! Pro,Sage Act! Premium
Overall Satisfaction with Swiftpage ACT!
I have used ACT! in a number of different companies and situations - mostly as a sales database tool. The program was easily put into place and then most of the regular reports are used but if there was something specific the users needed, we created new reports, which was also easy to do. I have many years of database experience which helps but you really dont need a degree to use the product
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Easy to modify
- One issue we had was when we upgraded we had to rename all our computers because of some glitch in the install.
- I would like to see them continue the desktop version as I have some customers that don't want to go online.
- Cost is always a factor with anything.
- Positive was that it was easy to use.
- Positive was that there was not a huge learning curve.
- Negative was the added time it took to set it up and find an issue with the computer names.
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server and Visual FoxPro (Discontinued)
As far as picking a database product to use, you really have to know what you are looking for—not just who will enter the data, but what reports and other output you are going to want from it. Every product has its good points and bad points but if you are looking for something that is easier to use and setup right out of the box, I would suggest using ACT!
At first, it was hard to get assistance on ACT! as you had to go through a community forum without paying a lot more for support, from what I can remember. The two latest versions we bought from a third party and their support team was very thorough and helped us thru issues we had with the setup.
Do you think Act! CRM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Act! CRM's feature set?
Did Act! CRM live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Act! CRM go as expected?
Would you buy Act! CRM again?
If you are looking for a product that will probably fit your sales cycle right out of the box, then I would recommend ACT! Even if you have some specific things you are looking for, the program is pretty easy to modify, not only for the tables where you input the items, but also on the reporting side. When working with many different clients, everyone may need something just a little different and with ACT! you can make those changes.