Reviews (1-25 of 90)
- Project Management. Red tape could be bad sometimes but we have setup the system to make sure that the red tape is followed so that our customers have the best experience they can have.
- Ticketing system. We make sure that our customers have the best customer experience possible and with the ticketing system, we make sure we take care of them if they have issues.
- The main missing functionality is a text editor that you can implement HTML or even basic WYSIWYG. Creating customer notes without pictures to show in the text spot is a downer
- There are some times during the day where the system gets very slow. When I start having issues, other people I work with start asking if ConnectWise is down. A few minutes later it does eventually come back up, but not before having issues with the load screen spinning.
- The ticketing system needs to have a faster refresh rate than every 5 minute, I would like to even make it every 60 seconds or so. We have so many tickets coming in, it is hard to keep up if someone replied to the ticket unless you click the Service Board tab to refresh the ticket.
- Tickets- Customers can email and a ticket is generated and falls under their profile for historical records. You can save documents and select if they are customer facing or only internal facing. The option as well to have communication in tickets whether its internal facing or customer facing is nice to have when you're trying to keep a record or important details for just internal means and the customer doesn't have to see all the jargon.
- Procurement - It's great to have this integrate with Quosal Sell. Quotes being processed into opportunities and then into a sales order which connects to a ticket or project is pretty easy to use. It does have a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's straightforward. Everything is pretty connected, whether keeping track of products customers have purchased historically through us, to knowing what ticket is associated to an RMA.
- Procurement - Throughout the years, Connectwise has gotten better with improving their procurement side. I notice lately I can't cancel products, I have to list them as Write Off. Also if you don't clear your cache often, the system will kinda glitch. You have to know certain workarounds to make it work. For example if I am unreceiving a product, I have to unpick then open PO and unreceive. It's not productive, and you used to be able to just unreceive if you made a mistake.I often have to help other staff with this process
- Products - Security permissions are very specific when it comes to picking products, adding products, editing products, so that makes it difficult if you are trying to set up multiple people with the same permissions. Also, there isn't a straight forward place to pull inventory counts. You have to pull a report and add specific details. I wish this was a little more user friendly.
- Accounting Interface - It's nice it integrates with ConnectWise, but I find it's very picky when you are trying to batch invoices or procurement products.
- Scheduling and tracking of time and resources.
- Modification and customization to meet the needs of the user/company.
- Team management and organization through the scheduler and dispatch modules.
- Knowledgebase entries, organization, and sorting.
- While it is possible to customize and change a lot of settings, it can be very tedious to accomplish via some of the setup tables.
- Lack of telephone customer support without specific payment for such service. Only available support is via chat.
Review: "Do you like to be organized and have happy customers? ConnectWise Manage is the way to go!!"
It has really helped us serve our customers better and be well organized in our tasks.
It has also helped with our sales.
- Manage's GUI is fantastic and easy to use.
- Makes it very simple to create support tickets and organize them.
- The different boards in Manage are what really make this product great.
- Being able to lay everything out and easily organize to our liking is a huge plus!
- Being customer friendly is another aspect I like.
- The portal is easy to setup and easy for clients to use.
- We use this feature heavily as an MSP.
- I will say the calendar option needs a little bit of work.
- A calendar that looks more like lets say a Google Calendar would a nice feature.
- Better Knowledge base section.
- We attempted to get very good use out of the Knowledge however due to not really being able to organize it and it being very hard to navigate we had to go a different route for our documentation.
- Possibly adding a cleaner user interface and adding more customization for the organization of companies would help.
- A better layout for reporting would also be something good to have.
- The layouts available are so difficult to put together to get what you want out of a report. Virtually makes it impossible to get what you want out of them.
I couldn't see this being very useful in the retail and education world.
ConnectWise Manage Review: "ConnectWise may require a significant investment... but you can't run your MSP without it..."
- Ticketing - rock solid, keeps good history, and transitions to invoicing smoothly in most cases.
- Integrations - Integrates to more IT products than any other PSA platform on the market.
- Expense Management - allows us to reimburse employees for expenses quickly and accurately.
- Sales - even with plug-ins to tools like ConnectWise Sell or QuoteWerks, the product lacks any sort of prospecting integration. It's VERY hard to run a sales team in this tool.
- Dashboards - this should be a permission to play product by now, but third party products are required for business analytics.
- Commissions - you can't pay your people using the CW commissions functions.
- Calendar - as a business owner, the product doesn't let you see your life in one place. It separates Sales Opportunities/Activities from Tickets and Project tickets to a point that you operate in little Silo's and can't see your life in one place.
- Customer interaction - even though we have closed loop ticketing (tickets update clients with emails when we work on them) the client communication stinks for things like Projects. An integration with Trello or something would go a long way - but why should I need that when the product is supposed to handle customer facing projects?
- The Client Portal is hideous... (they are working on a new one).
- Service Desk, Ticket Management and Closed loop communication is perhaps its best features.
- We are also pleased with the integration between Sell and Manage. It provides a seamless way to streamline the sales process.
- The Integration with Automate and Control, specifically the one-click launching once a configuration has been attached.
- The inventory and procurement module could use some work. It is often difficult to navigate through. A cycle count option would be a great addition as well.
- More customization would be great especially in the PO emails.
- The StreamLine IT function, while great, could use some improvement. It is difficult to setup and can at times interfere with other things that we do.
- The invoices are perhaps the ugliest. A straight forward customizable invoice template, not a report that adds 20 steps to the process, would be a huge improvement.
- We are also a VoIP service provider. Telecommunications comes with the joy of managing communication services taxes in addition to the sales taxes we are required to collect on our managed services. Connectwise gave us the ability to set these taxes up and transfer that information to QuickBooks Pro Desktop.
- During the past year, the folks at Connectwise have really fleshed out the online version of the software, providing nearly the same functionality of the locally installed version. With the exception of our periodic need to import and export from QuickBooks, we are able to use the software from any location.
- Having service tickets created automatically via the receipt of a customer email has been a big help. They are even able to reopen an existing ticket by simply replying to the email thread. This makes it easier for our techs to quickly see notes and history relating to the ticket and resolve it quickly.
- I'd like to see 2FA functionality built into the product along with a more secure tool for storing sensitive customer information. We are currently required to utilize a third party tool to help provide that data protection.
- We are currently experiencing the occasional delays in screen refreshes and find ourselves waiting 10 to 15 seconds for our data to save or refresh. Acknowledging that this software is the primary tool we use to run our business, eliminating those pauses would be ideal.
- Customer support is available through a variety of avenues. Having access to support via the chat method is great. However, since we often have to wait for quite some time for a support technician to get to us within the queue, having an audible notification that the tech has finally arrived would be helpful.
- Track and manage Tickets with ease, email connector works extremely well to automatically create tickets coming in by email.
- Keep track of your time. When you open a ticket, ConnectWise Manage automatically starts tracking your time so you can invoice the correct amount of time spent on tickets each time.
- The mobile clients makes it easy to add notes from our technicians and it gives you the ability to be more efficient.
- Different system boards allows you to setup the different parts of your business easily.
- The Configurations tab for customer information needs to have more features to help manage customer sites information and settings.
- Integration with Microsoft 365 partner portal would be beneficial to help with Automatic billing.
- Better access to customer information from mobile app would help technicians be able to get the information required quicker
- Manage allows us to create timelines for our project tickets.
- Manage allows us to keep notes on contacts and companies.
- Manage allows us to schedule tickets for hours/days later.
- Sometimes the email connector breaks and takes a while to start back up.
- ConnectWise Control plugin needs more documentation.
- Provides the ability to create custom work-types, agreement types, and ticket statuses - the flexibility here is unmatched it other ticketing systems that I've used.
- Allows for effortless creation of reports which show all ITIL standard KPIs.
- Overall customization of work and process flow is unbelievable - it is so easy to make this platform do what you need it to do.
- They've recently upgraded its looks, but it could be a bit more visually appealing (if you care about that sort of thing).
- The mobile phone app leaves a lot to be desired - it's not very friendly to use.
- Configuration with 2FA is possible but it's not an enjoyable experience.
- Managing our Agreements works very well in ConnectWise. It is very easy to update an Agreement by adding an addition.
- I know some folks have issues using the Project Board in ConnectWise but we don't seem to have an issue. I use the Project Board for our Training schedule, my ConnectWise improvement list, Quarterly Review, etc. I also use it for Business Processes improvement.
- We find invoicing from ConnectWise works very well and clients are using our payment portal so we are getting paid the same day in most cases.
- Reporting. Yes, there is a report writer, but I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and create custom reports. I would like to see more standard reports available without having to spend a lot of time learning a program to create reports.
- Support goes up and down in quality. Sometimes you will get a response with the correct answer and other times you can tell that no matter how much detail you put in the ticket they just couldn't understand the issue.
- Online knowledge base and documentation don't seem to be keeping up with the new enhancements. I will be working to configure something and find they have changed the name of the setup table I need to be looking at. This isn't very often but the faster the enhancements are pushed out it seems the slower the time for the documentation to catch up.
I don't feel you need to have a dedicated admin to manage ConnectWise but having a business savvy person to setup parts is a plus.
- Job costing, reporting and quoting.
- All encompassing system the entire company can use.
- Integration with QuickBooks for invoicing.
- PTO tracking and management is burdensome.
- No payroll integration with QuickBooks for time sheets and PTO.
- Reporting is quirky, difficult to learn.
- Workflows to automatically do things for you, thus leaving out the need for a person to manually make changes and updates.
- Scheduling works well.
- Quoting from opportunities to invoicing works well.
- The reporting is horrendous. Basic reports require some pretty hefty scripting.
- Updates could be handled better.
- One of my biggest issues is that if a workflow isn't working, there is no way to know until it's too late and a client asks for status.
- Ticket History. Keeping detailed notes in Service tickets which makes it easy for technicians to know what is going on at any given time.
- Client Management. If done properly, knowing who has called in or submitted tickets about their issues can make it easy to track down common problems
- Configurations. Keeping accurate track of computers via configurations helps track down what has been done to a machine.
- If a technician has a time entry open and someone else updates the ticket, you can't save what you have done in that time entry. It would be nice to lock other people out or be able to save time entries no matter what
- Easier to manage types and subtypes when entering tickets
- Changing a work type say s that it's required, but it actually isn't. Being able to manage required fields would be a plus.
- Automation: With a little planning and elbow grease it's possible to automate much of the day-to-day business like routing service tickets, sending SLA reminders, using tracks and templates to standardize sales and project functions, and more.
- Integration: Manage integrates with a large number of other products ranging from HR management to RMMs. ConnectWise also has its own suite of products to handle remote support, chat, RMM, quoting, and cloud services.
- Project Management: The Project module plus templates and workflows make project management organized and automated.
- Support: There is no way to call and speak to a live person immediately. The quality of support completely hit-or-miss. The rule of thumb is if a support person gives you a noncommittal answer or flat out tells you no, hang up/close and call/chat again.
- Security at a ticket level: We would love to incorporate more of our HR functions into Manage but the inability to lock things down at a ticket level (and the lack of granularity at the service board level) makes that impossible.
- Email connector errors: These could be a lot more useful if they had a little more information in them.
The dispatching and scheduling features are great for a mobile workforce and works well for those departments who push tickets from a central dispatch person or department. For those who use a ticket pulling structure, it works equally well as long as all members have been well trained.
ConnectWise Manage Review: "ConnectWise is the tool you need! When your ready to bring your company to the next level, this is it!"
- ConnectWise serves as a GREAT Service Desk tool. Being able to aggregate multiple input sources into our ticketing system, define those issues based on an urgency and priority, assigning to the right type of resource and then billing for labor included is something CW is focused around.
- Being able to use CW as an effective CRM database that is simple and open allows all company employees to search for Company and Contact information. Storing any type of information about a client in CW is as simple as you need it to be.
- ConnectWise allows all of our IT operations for our Field dispatch division to be managed from a single pane interface that is very intuitive. Being able to get insight into our Field Engineers schedule's is vital for delivering what we promise to our clients.
- Reporting in CW can be intimidating at times due to the highly detailed and customization of the reports - but provides as much or as little data as you need to generate high quality information.
- Bulk editing Agreements would be very helpful to have. It can be meticulous and frustrating to have to go through 90+ agreements to edit one small piece of the agreement to match the others.
- Syncing information from LabTech can be hit or miss sometimes. The issue with this is that when you speak with CW support about it, they refer you to LT Support, but when you speak to LT support, they refer back to CW support. Can be challenging at times when looking for a resolution.
- Would love to see more ability to change the themes inside the application. In no way related to the overall functionality - would just like to see a different theme than blue/white.
- IT Client Base (internal or external clients)
- Needs Ticketing System for tracking time, details, and assets
- Managed Service management
- Billing on monthly agreements
- Service tracking: whether for help desk, sales, or network alerting, everything gets tracked as a "ticket." in the system. Whether automated through the multiple integrations available, or performed manually, the service tickets are easy to manage. Our system heavily relies on ticketing, so having multiple ways to create and manage tickets is a must.
- Customization: it's built so that businesses can customize the features to meet their needs. Being in IT, we can create multiple "boards" where we can lock down permissions only to certain departments. Those boards then can track specific kinds of tickets. The customization can go beyond that as well, from workflow to asset management, so needless to say it is very flexible.
- Reporting: since everything is in a database, the latest reporting features with ConnectWise (such as Report Writer), make it easier to pull the data you need. So for example, we pull reports on sales leads monthly to track how many quotes were referred by technicians, and then use that to reward the technicians. This can also assist tremendously when meeting with clients to present data on the work we've done, as well as internally to identify any trends.
- Performance: we use an on-premise instance of ConnectWise, but our system meets or exceeds the required specs. However at times the system can be a bit clunky. When our business relies on using the system, we can't afford to wait even more than a few seconds for a screen to load.
- Interface: while the application is extremely versatile, the interface seems a little dated and some of the menu items can be confusing. This has improved slightly since the previous version, but I'd like to see a more modern look and feel with a design that is a little more intuitive.
- Project module: the relatively new project module was a feature we were hoping to use heavily for our larger scale projects, however it ended up not being able to fit our needs. Specifically I know the projects module didn't integrate will with workflows in ConnectWise, which we use heavily, but I know our project team found other areas where it didn't meet their needs. We've provided this feedback to ConnectWise in hopes to have future enhancements, but in the meantime we continue to use regular service tickets for our projects.
- I appreciate that workflow rules can be configured and customized to help keep all client support requests active and be resolved as quickly as possible.
- ConnectWise's support has been responsive and helpful, and their training resources such as ConnectWise University have been very useful.
- I appreciate that ConnectWise listens to its user base and releases frequent updates based on feedback.
- I think it would be nice if ConnectWise had a feature for internal techs to send attached files when doing an internal update ticket, while updating the ticket at the same time without having to click on 'time entry'--that is a very nitpicky request.
- ConnectWise might offer some better examples of what their workflow rules are capable of accomplishing.
- When e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, it would be nice if we did not have to remember to specify that any added information we were giving about an issue (if not on the original ticket) needed to be added to a recently-opened ticket.
- Ticketing system works great for a help desk.
- Help desk tickets get opened easy from RMM and through email from clients.
- Configurations are easily tracked for companies and sites.
- Customer ticket portal is cumbersome and not easy to use.
- Payments can not be taken by cash or credit card easily or without third party software.
- A Point of Sale would be a great add on as selling something in store is hard in CW as you need to creat a quote then and invoice and payment can not be made on the ticket with credit card in person or by cash with a cash drawer.
- ConnectWise technical support staff are the best I've ever experienced in my 20+ years in IT!!
- CW Manage provides an MSP with all the necessary tools to run the entire business. nothing is left out.
- CW Manage integrations with other MSP applications is very broad. when we look for new tools we only use those that integrate and we've never had a problem finding them.
- CW Manage continues to improve the product. always pushing forward with new innovations!
- I wish that bundled items could be added to agreement additions.
- I would like to see the "agr_header_recid" field added to the agreement list screen.
- Opportunity Management - Allows for much more effective pipeline management.
- Sales Management - The ability to enter our sales targets at a group and individual level allows us real-time access to where we are against sales targets. Who in the sales team is achieving target and more importantly who isn't.
- Ticket Management - Support tickets are now auto created when a customer sends an email to our support account. The workflow options allow for automatic chasing and updates to go out.
- The ability to have internal and external notes on tickets and the ability to group certain tickets.
- The ease of raising one off invoices for equipment or labour charges.
- The Outlook integration - allowing you to manage your tasks and diary from CW.
- Reporting is limited - Need to be able to report easily on recurring and one-off revenue and GP (currently they are bundled together).
- No UK based telephone support.
- The implementation was poorly managed. The salesman/consultant claiming 12 hours implementation would be sufficient.
- The CW university is not very good or relevant.
- Connectwise has done an excellent job of facilitating the different invoicing practices for each business model. The range of flexibility in invoicing depending upon client, site or location and agreement is quite impressive. And, if a mistake is made, it is really easy to delete and recreate with the fear of losing information.
- The way in which time is recording and reported makes it very to monitor exactly what your team is doing and if each time entry is properly entered.
- I appreciate the flexibility of using workflow rules to notify us of key events or items that are outside of set parameters to help us make sure we don't miss critical events.
- There are several functions that require too many clicks. Each time I select an item that opens a progress pop-up, when it is finished you have to select Close Window. I wish it would show the progress and automatically close the window for me.
- Much like my previous entry, I wish I could mark my time entry as Complete without having to select Mark as Done > Select the time to mark as done > Select Save. I would appreciate it if they could move it from 3 clicks to 1. If there are multiple scheduled events, have a second link that says Mark All as Done. That way I could select Mark Done or Mark All as Done. Either way, it is just one click.
- The Invoice Print button appears to take a lot longer than it used to. I don't know what changed, but it takes FOREVER to preview an invoice. I will often select another application to do something else while waiting for the invoice preview to load. This is very anoying.
If you are a solo operator it is still an excellent tool for running your business, but the true value of using ConnectWise is not truly realized until you need to coordinate the efforts between several team members and multiple teams. It is still of value, but may be more than you need.
- We particularly like the ticketing system for our help desk, and how it keeps track of billable/non billable hours. This helps at the end of the month for invoicing and for seeing where we may need to tweak our contracts with our clients.
- The Workflows also make my job must easier and tasks that much easier to manage. The automation is great.
- The integration of different application, such as having our help desk calls attached to tickets is an added benefit so that we can better keep track of our time spent with customers.
- The worst part is the procurement process and lack of integration with vendors. We have to manually enter serial numbers for shipped products.
- Time tracking.
- Integration with our other products (Sell, Automate, Connect).
- Workflow automation.
- Renewal and asset tracking.
- It can be somewhat slow.
- It isn't the prettiest.
- It is better for service, not for sales.
- Sometimes feels too bloated because it does so much.
ConnectWise Manage Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ConnectWise Manage
ConnectWise Manage calls itself a business management platform for companies that sell, service, and support technology. According to the vendor, the product supports 110,000 users and helps them achieve greater accountability, operational efficiency, and profitability. The platform is cloud-based and integrates business-process automation, help desk and customer service, sales, marketing, project management, and business analytics in order to streamline a company's operations.
ConnectWise Manage is the hub of the ConnectWise suite, a set of solutions for technology solution providers that aims to give an end-to-end view and total control over their business.
ConnectWise also gives its users access to a network of ideas, experts, and solutions. ConnectWise has been in business for more than 15 years.
ConnectWise Manage Screenshots
ConnectWise Manage Integrations
ConnectWise Manage Competitors
ConnectWise Manage Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||80%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||0%|
ConnectWise Manage Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ConnectWise Manage Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom|