Overall Satisfaction with Swiftpage ACT!
ACT! is our CRM package that our Sales reps use to track their customers. It is used by both Sales and Marketing. Marketing only uses it for getting mailing lists to send out information. This program helps management track activities by our Outside Sales Reps and keep track of where they are.
- History. You can archive all your email history for each contact
- Great searchability through contacts!
- Easy way to setup synchronization of remote databases to segment so Reps only have their contacts.
- It is complicated to setup when you are first getting to know it. I recommend having a consultant set it up and then documenting the process so you can reproduce it.
- You have to lock the database when you add/remove items to the drop down lists.
- It could use a mapping function to show a map of all a Sales Rep's territory with Pins in each address. This would allow Sales Reps to view other customers in the areas of their appointments to maximize their productivity by visiting more customers in the same area.
- We are able to run SQL queries and reports to audit our Sales Rep activites each week.
I came from a company that wrote their own CRM package in Lotus Notes. The package was amazing but also bulky. There was a ton of overhead and a huge amount of data to synchronize. ACT! is a much lighter package. As it's a pre-packaged deal, it is easier to upgrade users than a self built program. However, in self built programs you control all the content you get and features.
ACT! is well suited if you want a prepackaged CRM software. It is not as expensive as Salesforce. It is best used on laptops in a Remote Database Synchronization model. It integrates with an App called Handheld Contact so you can see your contacts on your phone. It is not a cloud solution.