Overall Satisfaction with Synology DiskStation
We have two Synology DiskStations. One we use in our production environment as network file storage for all of our users as well as a general file share. The other we use as offsite backup. We take our Virtual Servers VHDs and back them up there. Using Rsync we also backup our on-prem Synology.
- Software interface is not overwhelming and relatively easy to use.
- Reliable. Never have any issues with it.
- Pricing. Much less expensive than other options we looked at.
- It's different than a Microsoft solution - things laid out differently.
- Meets our needs so hard to identify examples of improvement.
- ROI is high since the cost is much less than other products and dramatically cheaper than a SAN.
- Very little support needed - I spend hardly any time doing support on the device.
Haven't really used their support, but I don't think it is all that robust. There does seem a good community of users though.
Do you think Synology DiskStation delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Synology DiskStation's feature set?
Did Synology DiskStation live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Synology DiskStation go as expected?
Would you buy Synology DiskStation again?