Powerful all round monitoring and analysis suite
March 28, 2018
Powerful all round monitoring and analysis suite
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Talkwalker
Talkwalker is primarily used in Ebiquity's Communications Insight team, supporting client briefs from a range of verticals. The tool is also used to support and measure the success our own in-house marketing effort as well as supplement work conducted by other teams in the company. The Communications Insight team helps brands make sense of the world around them in all media: how they are they portraying themselves in paid media, how do they used owned media assets to support this portrayal and how do we as consumers respond to this image and our interaction with the brand. Talkwalker helps us effectively evaluate the owned and earned media spaces, at a global scale, so we can give clients a complete overview of their - and their competitors' - media activities in a holistic way.
- Truly global listening platform - monitor a deep range of media types from all over the world. Particularly strong in supporting competitive monitoring and analysis briefs across regions and countries. It monitors content in original language which I believe is a very strong monitoring factor.
- Easy to use yet powerful dashboard visualisations - the dashboard interface is among the best I have seen. While it can accomplish many things, and under the hood is a very powerful and complex tool, the user interface is very intuitive, slick, quick and packed with all the KPIs you could want.
- Customisation of the tool is a great feature. You can build your own dashboard and reporting spaces to suit your needs. You can schedule alerts from the system in a variety of outputs to keep you up to date with the latest events.
- Customer support & technological advancement - the team at Talkwalker are highly proficient, always willing to support our every need, however big or small. Talkwalker aim to release around 4 software updates each year which means the platform is always full of the latest data visualisations and monitoring technologies
- Having 'traditional' media monitored alongside social as well as owned media assets in one dashboard space is invaluable to help brands understand where their media footprint lies and how they perform in each media set, relative to the others.
- AI - Talkwalker has introduced greater AI capabilities recently which means the capability of the tool in monitoring is ever-increasing, and the accuracy of targeting content and sentiment analysis is improving. The Visual Insights and image recognition technology is a really strong feature, and a very welcome addition to the monitoring aspect
- The sentiment analysis has improved vastly in recent months - the adoption of AI and machine learning has greatly helped - but there is always room for improvement. Having said that, I don't believe there is any listening tool out there which can claim to be totally accurate in this regard
- While the user interface is intuitive, to first-time users the idea of programming searches and manipulating the dashboard space may seem daunting, purely because it is so comprehensive, powerful and has such deep capability. Trust me, it becomes second nature to use very quickly!
- Ability to adopt and monitor new social networks - Talkwalker has worked hard to include social platforms from China in recent months. Given that the nature of social media use is always evolving, it would be good to see these platforms added to the media mix as quickly as possible
- Our Enterprise subscription gives us the scale and headroom to run multiple projects at a sensible cost, so we can support clients' research requirements at a competitive price
- We can go to market with our in-house reporting and insight solutions safe in the knowledge that we are supported by one of the strongest monitoring platforms in the industry. We have total faith in Talkwalker's capabilities, which ultimately makes our proposition to clients stronger
- Talkwalker offer flexible subscription plans which cater to all needs, both in terms of system requirements and budget and is easily scaleable - they are great partners to have on board
6 - The primary users of Talkwalker are strategists in Ebiquity's Communications Insight team. Beyond that we have a team of researchers that work with the content in the dashboard to evaluate global media performance for brands. The vast majority of our time is spent supporting traditional insight projects for clients, but we also align with other teams in the organisation to add a different perspective to their measurement of brand activity and marketing performance
For our needs, Talkwalker is the best 'all-rounder' in the market. Some of the other platforms focus more on certain media types (social in particular) or specific geographies (western markets or English speaking markets). Talkwalker covers all media and all markets very well. Its capability in monitoring original language content is excellent; the sentiment scoring is strong; the data visualisations are powerful; the technical support is excellent; the flexibility of subscription is very welcome. All of these things combined made choosing Talkwalker a simple process. That's not to say it will be right for your needs - you need to evaluate this and other tools in depth before making a choice.
We do a lot of global competitive monitoring so Talkwalker is particularly well suited for this task. The ability to unlock historical content quickly is also a strength as we are often required to take a retrospective look at brand activity in the media. Competitive benchmarking is a strong point of the tool and the sheer quantity of media titles available (150m+) means we can rely on Talkwalker to gather a comprehensive sample of content and apply a strong set of KPIs to it. While Talkwalker's strength is in monitoring and analysis, it does not feature any publishing capabilities (except without third party plug in via Hootsuite, I believe), so any marketers wishing to monitor and publish may find it lacking on that front.