Overall Satisfaction with TriNet
TriNet is the PEO we employ. We are a relatively small company with less than 15 employees. Before using TriNet, we outsourced our HR needs to almost five different companies between payroll, employee legal questions, benefits, workers comp insurance, 401k, etc. It has been nice to have all of our HR needs met by one company. It has also allowed our employees greater opportunities with better benefits than we could have provided as a small company.
- The app is user-friendly.
- They provided multiple trainings during Covid which was incredibly helpful when everyone was trying to figure out PPP.
- Their communication and response have gotten much faster.
- The build a report feature is still limited and doesn't provide as many options as I'd like.
- Their chat feature is good, but sometimes it takes so long to get to an actual person and past all the automatic robot questions.
Their email responses have gotten much faster in the last year or so. I enjoy using the chat feature. Once I'm speaking to a representative they are helpful and can point me in the right direction.
Some of our employees are older and no one has had a problem using TriNet. It's very user-friendly for all levels.
- Most of our employees work remotely over multiple states, TriNet has helped us stay compliant with state laws for every one of our employees.
- Time spent on HR tasks has been reduced significantly since I know it is in good hands.
- Employees have easy access to their paychecks, W2s, payroll schedule, etc.
All of the trainings on applying for a PPP and applying for PPP forgiveness were incredibly helpful. As rules were constantly changing, TriNet was staying caught up on the daily updates and keeping us aware. There was one training where they started off with, "This was updated just this morning so let's explain it..."
Do you think TriNet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TriNet's feature set?
Did TriNet live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TriNet go as expected?
Would you buy TriNet again?
I would say TriNet is well suited for smaller companies who want to outsource all of their HR needs under one umbrella and provide their employees with greater benefit options than they would have otherwise. If a company were large enough to have an HR representative, then I don't think it would make sense to also pay for TriNet's services. I'm in the Admin field, but I'm not an HR expert and TriNet has been incredibly patient with all my questions. They've always given me the information I needed to succeed.