Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends
- Fast disk based backups.
- VM and physical based backups in one solution and within one console.
- One central management location of your backups, with a console screen that is pretty simple.
- It is an enterprise backup solution that is unable to handle millions of files in a single backup. You either have to split the backup up into multiple backups or do a VM type backup of that volume.
- Retention periods are not automatically assigned to replicated data. You have to remember to set the retention period for each device you backup and replicate, otherwise it may/may not retain it.
- Support is slow to respond at times. Usually have to get to second tier level to get results.
- Quicker restores of backups.
- With Unitrend's sales and install support not giving details on what the product can't do, we had to spend several months with support fixing a problem.
Unitrends does a lot better job than our previous backup solition, Syncsort Backup Express. It has greater capabilities, but is also a lot more expensive.
We looked at Veeam Backup and heard good things, but at that time Veeam only did VM type backups and we wanted a solution that would do both VM and physical backups and Unitrends does a good job for both.