Overall Satisfaction with Visual Website Optimizer
Currently we use VWO to conduct AB Tests on our site. I am running AB tests part time and conduct meetings with the owners of the company on a weekly basis to discuss results and future tests. AB Testing has allowed us to confidently make changes to our website and increase the quality of usability with our visitors.
- Easy to use and set up goals
- Only one tracking code needs to be installed
- Will alert you when a metric has reached statistical significance
- The editor seems finicky at times, some elements need to be coded in the variation to work properly
- I rarely get a correct preview of my variation, I have to view it in the editor to see it
- After a test is completed and stopped, some of the data may be lost, I have noticed days missing from several reports, so always document results outside of VWO
- Increased overall conversion rate
- Higher order value per customer
- Higher awareness of visitor usability of website
Currently I am in a trial period for Optimizely to see if they are able to satisfy our needs for conducting higher level testing across multiple pages. We are currently interested in goal funnel tracking and VWO does not seem to offer this type of testing in our current plan. So far I feel Optimizely is a very sophisticated testing platform and requires a higher level of knowledge with code and testing in general to conduct certain tests. VWO seems easier for initial set up and would be suited more for the someone with little experience with AB Testing, Optimizely is quicker in response and provides detailed replies in their support. VWO has also rolled out a new UI but my account has not yet been changed over to it, been waiting since April, and I have requested early access.
When choosing a testing platform, it is important to know what kind of tests you want to run and the level of difficulty there is to run them. Also you will want to know if you will be assigned a dedicated tech for support and how long it takes to receive a reply.
Using Visual Website Optimizer
I am unsure at this moment, but more than likely (because of the price) we will continue our subscription with VWO. After our trial has ended with Optimizely, we will compare which testing platform has suited us better over a 30 day period. VWO is easier to use than Optimizely at this point, but I am also relatively new to Optimizely and have not full explored the tools they offer to fully learn the program.