Secure you VPN with 2fa/mfa - home users need to be protected when accessing corporate resources.
Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard AuthPoint
While AuthPoint has been around for longer than I have used it, it came to us as a need to tighten up VPN security with 2FA/MFA and with more of our clients requiring this due to increased attacks. The VPN security is just the start as AuthPoint can do much more with cloud apps, single-sign-on, and local on-prem device logins. Looking forward to implementing more of its features.
- VPN 2fa/mfa secure login
- Single-Signon thru AuthPoint portal to other cloud apps
- On prem authentications using the AuthPoint MFA app.
- Some of our agings deployed firewalls require additional setups and AuthPoint is not fully baked into - but is not totally wrong in that new features require new hardware at times.
- While the setup process when knowledgeable of it is easy enough, I think some of the steps can pull you thru a little better thru the wizard. Overall though, the online KB and videos are extremely good.
- The MFA token is only sold in a 10 pack. Was wishing it can be purchased in single units as it now means we need to purchase single 3rd party tokens (only when a user does not want to use the free AuthPoint mobile app).
- Implementing 2FA/MFA at the VPN level has increased our quality of service in protecting them from outside attackers ...especially the more users work from home.
The more Watchguard adds features to the Watchguard cloud - it is evident the goal is to be fully managed from the cloud. We look forward to the day their other product (Dimension) is fully usable from their cloud. It will allow easier access, higher security, and more features in a single location.
So far, users find the setup simple to follow and its use very easy. They are already used to 2fa from other software deployments and the ease of use of the app fits the bill. Having to manually type in numbers over and over from app to app can be a pain, so when an app uses the tap and go approach - they all like that best.
We have not fully deployed this feature yet with clients, but for sure is our next endeavor and we circle back to offer it.
Do you think WatchGuard AuthPoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard AuthPoint's feature set?
Did WatchGuard AuthPoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard AuthPoint go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard AuthPoint again?