Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
We are using it currently in our own organization as our primary firewall, wireless, and VPN solution. We are also using them for some of our clients with managed services.
- Enterprise level security.
- Price-point accommodating for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Ability to have integrated 2-factor authentication platform.
- More traditional-style ACL list for firewall rules.
- A very positive return on investment as we are providing more and more managed security services, and their products fit in well with our framework.
It fills a niche for true cloud-managed devices that provide dynamic security visibility and relationships between devices. We are currently offering this to some residential clients primarily for the mesh wireless with IPS features.
As with any networking vendor, each device has its own way of implementing various things. Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, and others are ALL different. But with a core set of networking knowledge, you can learn how to do most of what you need through YouTube videos and other resources.
The licensing makes it simple, and you know ahead of time what you are paying for.
WatchGuard is very well suited to provide true next-gen quality protection for businesses. We also are using it for some of our high-end residential customers to provide visibility to what is taking place over their network. The downside is that they focus specifically on network-security products and do not have other networking devices (switches/routers/etc).