Overall Satisfaction with Webex App
The Webex app is currently being used by IT staff to communicate via messaging, mostly. We are planning on rolling Webex app out, organization-wide, next month. Webex app will be our Jabber replacement for calling and messaging.
- 3rd party app integrations.
- When hovering over a message, the "reply" or "thread" button should be first option to display... instead of "react."
- When hovering over a message, the option buttons are a bit small. Larger icons would be very nice.
- The "update" or "upgrade" green circle is confusing for some of my developers. Apparently this symbol is commonly used for something else (I forget, eek). More intuitive icon was requested.
- We are still in a POC and haven't rolled out organization-wide yet.
We currently have MS Teams, Jabber, and Webex App running in our environment. We are transitioning users from Jabber to Webex App, so Jabber will be eliminated from this list. It really boils down to Teams vs Webex. To me, Webex is my favorite. Not only is it easier on the eyes with the sleek UI, but I also love the messaging actions/abilities such as message threading and interactive emojis. Webex is a one-stop shop for calling, messaging, scheduling, and visual voicemail. The new additions of Webex Hologram and Webex Go are really going to put this over the edge for us, I believe. Not to mention the integration with AutoDesk!
I've worked with Webex app support a few times to work through Webex to Jabber messaging issues. Each time, the engineer has been quick to assist and resolve.
Do you think Webex App delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex App's feature set?
Did Webex App live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex App go as expected?
Would you buy Webex App again?
I think that the app is very intuitive and simple to use. As simple as it is, it is still a very robust and feature-rich application.
I really like the UI of the Webex app and the ease of functionality. It's an intuitive, all-in-one application that blows Microsoft Teams out of the water, in my opinion. The interactive messaging platform has been working very well for my end users with message threading being a favorite feature according to our in-house survey.