Overall Satisfaction with WhatsUp Gold
We purchased What's Up Gold to monitor our server uptime but quickly realized the potential for monitoring and alerting on more aspects of our servers. We use it to send notifications on low disk space, server uptime, processor, and memory notifcations.
- Easy to install and manage.
- While it does require a whole server with IIS and a SQL db it is low impact on resources but still quick to respond.
- Great for quick notifications about a server going above a configured resource threshold. We don't have to look at every server's resource utilization individually anymore.
- Quick and easy to setup a service up or down notification.
- Sales staff can be a bit pushy in terms of selling more product than you need. This is not unique to What's Up but it can be a bit unwelcome once you have already purchased the product.
- Updates could be a little easier but overall not too bad. Once or twice we have had to start over with a new server when upgrading to a major numbered revision.
- IIS site can be a bit slow at times. This could just be our setup but I have noticed that it can be slow to respond during high traffic times. It does always respond and work properly but the wait time to move from screen to screen could be lower.
- It monitors what we need at an affordable price.
- It's hard to put an ROI on a product we use for maintenance but we were able to consolidate another product into this and avoid an additional cost.
- It does help our network staff streamline their daily processes and tasks but eliminating the need for individual checks.
We have never had an issue with support. It has always been quick and understandable.
Do you think Progress WhatsUp Gold delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Progress WhatsUp Gold's feature set?
Did Progress WhatsUp Gold live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Progress WhatsUp Gold go as expected?
Would you buy Progress WhatsUp Gold again?
I would definitely recommend the product for monitoring disk, processor, memory, and server availability. It has been very accurate for us and a life saver. We have also left several other products behind now that we can also receive notifications about service availability on a server. I don't believe it is very good at monitoring other hardware that we own. Mostly we have had trouble with getting switches and APs to alert properly.