Overall Satisfaction with WooCommerce
I have used WooCommerce on a lot of my clients site. And one of the site is India's top Kids food online portal - MyLittleMoppet Foods. WooCommerce made it possible for naive clients to have their shop online easily with out of the box solutions related to shipping and pricing.
- Ease of setup
- Low cost, You can start online shop with almost 0$.
- Big community around it for trouble shooting problems
- Does not provide everything out of the box, for certain features you will have to install additional plugins.
- Their own addon plugins are costly.
- The Order table uses wp posts meta table, For those who have good amount of orders coming in, the table will keep getting larger by time that it might hog the server.
- One of our client is now able to generate 1000$ per day from orders.
- Another client was successfully able to launch Online courses using WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce is really a low cost solution for getting a shop online in no time.
Shopify is a premium e commerce platform tailored just for online shops. While WooCommerce is a plugin which has main platform as WordPress. Shopify is costly to have. Most of the basic shop functions that are offered in Shopify can be achieved using WordPress + WooCommerce free of cost. On the other hand, Shopify takes care of server issues letting us purely focus on selling.
Do you think WooCommerce delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WooCommerce's feature set?
Did WooCommerce live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WooCommerce go as expected?
Would you buy WooCommerce again?
Well Suited for:
- Low cost quick online shop setup
- Very easy to set up
- Good support from the community for trouble shooting issues.
- You have to manage your own server for performance optimization
- Based on PHP, there is always a chance of getting hacked if you use too many third party plugins
- Does not cover everything out of the box - for an example hiding other shipping methods if free shipping is applicable. Weight based shipping etc.