Updated August 19, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Wrike
After looking into many expensive systems on the market today, I was unable to find a system so powerful and versatile as Wrike. We use Wrike for everything, from daily tasks, to projects, and most importantly we use it as our "customer pipeline" for making sure every client is taken care of properly.
- There are a million services for making lists and tasks. This is the only one I've ever seen that lets you format a detailed description, make comments, assign the task, organize the tasks and view them with custom dashboards so you can manage your workflow, your way!
- The ability to create sub tasks, and sub sub tasks etc, makes no project to complex to be managed in Wrike.
- It may be a little pricy per month, but that figure is saved many times over in the time that is saved managing your work load
- Oh, and I love its gmail integration. You can turn any email into a task at the click of a button.
- There are some features only available to enterprise users, that I feel should be available for Professional users at that price point.
- It would be nice to be able to rename a "widget" for the dashboard without needing to recreate it.
- Normally im pretty good at finding the bad in a product, but this one has pleasantly suprised me
- Wrike enables us to manage more clients, increasing our service capacity.
- Wrike allows me to manage my time, and quickly add a task without taking me away from my work or workflow, enabling me to spend less time running the business.
The real question to ask when considering wrike is are you neglecting tasks and are things not getting done because there is too much to do, and you dont know where to start, or because there are too many task lists that you loose them all. The other question to ask is if the lost time / neglected tasks cost you more then $50 a month.If you have answered yes to both of those questions, Wrike is for you!