Xactly Incent is a Very Good Product
February 19, 2022
Xactly Incent is a Very Good Product
Analyst in Finance and AccountingBusiness Supplies & Equipment Company, 501-1000 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Xactly Incent
My company switched to Xactly Incent after running into contractual issues with our previous compensation software. They have been rolling out our implementation in phases. They were able to start our initial implementation very quickly, allowing us to avoid the need to manually calculate commissions when our previous software was shut off at the end of 2020. We currently use it for commissions and bonuses for our sales teams and are working towards expanding functionality to include bonuses for technical resources and sales SPIFs.
- The team we have been working with at Xactly Incent has been fantastic. They have been able to efficiently translate our needs into functional design in Xactly and have been very quick to fix any issues that we have uncovered. Additionally, they have been very responsive to feedback and suggestions.
- The analytics module offers a lot of flexibility for building out additional reporting and complements Xactly Incent very well. It is relatively easy for someone with moderate technical ability to pick up.
- Xactly Incent does what we need in terms of commissions and bonuses. Results are accurate and are able to be processed daily in a reasonable amount of time.
- Xactly Incent offers a wide variety of training on all of their different modules, including incent, analytics, and connect, allowing a high degree of flexibility if a business wants greater control over their configuration.
- Xactly Incent was built with monthly and quarterly periods in mind. A business that uses a weekly or bi-weekly cadence for commissions requires a more customized implementation and will need to use analytics reports to supplement the built-in reporting.
- Maintaining it can be clunky. There are many places where it feels like it could be more streamlined. For example:
- *We needed to create copies of all compensation plans for 2022 even when there was no change to the plan configuration.
- *When working with the hierarchy, there is no way to upload a small set of records to add to an existing version. Either the full hierarchy needs to be re-uploaded, or each record needs to be added manually.
- Xactly Incent was able to get our bi-weekly commission calculations extremely quickly and allowed us to avoid a lapse that would have required a huge amount of manual work at the start of last year.
We have been continuing to work on expanding our ability to calculate compensation so we have not been able to work on this sort of analysis.
We are still working on implementation and reporting that would enable other teams to utilize data.
Ignoring the contractual issues that we had, Optymyze is very different from Xactly Incent. I would say that both offer high degrees of flexibility, but Xactly requires greater technical knowledge to customize. Optymyze allows administrators to manipulate data in a way similar to Domo or Tableau, allowing someone who is less technical to customize it. Xactly's connect module, on the other hand, requires strong knowledge of SQL to be able to manipulate data. I've been looking to take the training for Connect, so I can't comment on the limitations or flexibility beyond that.
Do you think Xactly Incent delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Xactly Incent's feature set?
Did Xactly Incent live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Xactly Incent go as expected?
Would you buy Xactly Incent again?