Overall Satisfaction with Xero
We use Xero for accounting, tax preparation, payroll and quoting/invoice management. It is an amazing one stop shop. If only they had a POS system as well it would be perfect.
- Xero helps us manage all of the Covid related payroll rules.
- Invoice and quoting is super easy and effecient.
- Xero is easy and effective for tax preparation like BAS.
- Specific user functionality could be expanded to allow multiple areas of access.
- Sometimes navigation isn't intuitive.
- Copying items like invoices could be streamlined.
- Xero allows us to quickly check all of our accounts and manage AP and AR.
- Integrated BAS report is a dream - I no longer dread quarter end.
- One small area of improvement would be to allow both Invoicing and Billing for one user without access to other areas.
For the things that I do in Xero - AP, AR, Payroll, etc. it is very easy to use and the support available has always answered my questions. Functions that can be automate are which also speeds up the process. For example we use Hubdoc in conjunction with Xero and our billing side of the business is quick and easy.
The cloud based nature of the program allows me as the business owner to work anywhere anytime. This is very important to me - I can travel and still be able to process payroll and pay bills. For this reason, I would not have selected an accounting package that was not cloud based.
Do you think Xero delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Xero's feature set?
Did Xero live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Xero go as expected?
Would you buy Xero again?
I regularly recommend Xero to other small business owners based on the functionality and ease of use. It really does cover almost all of the accounting bases for a small business operator and is easy to learn and maintain. I find that the cost is reasonable for what you get out of the system.