Hubdoc is a document management software offering from Hubdoc.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/pZ/8k/GOZ7XMWTO9GW.pngHubdoc works great!Hubdoc is used to manage and record credit card receipts for our whole organization. It helps solve the problem of employees not keeping, or turning in, receipts.,Hubdoc interfaces with Quickbooks Online very well. It has a well developed interface and is very intuitive to use. Its ability to automate some parts of the organization of receipts is helpful.,I would love to be able to have separate accounts for each user that can be accessed by a single accountant, or that load receipts into a single accountant portal. There is some risk of corruption with all users having access to all other users' receipts.,7,Hubdoc is a good tool for use in our organizations accounting department. It saves time for employees. And keeps our organization in compliance with policy.,QuickBooks Online and Bill.com,QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, RUN Powered by ADPHubdoc is an Accountant's best friend!I have added all of my staff as users in Hubdoc. We love the auto-fetching of bank statements and some vendor bills. In addition to fetching the bank statements, it also fetches front and back images of checks written and deposits made (with most banks). Once we get a client set up with Hubdoc's auto-fetching, we don't have to pester our client for access to their bank account or to ask for bank statements or checkbook registers.,Hubdoc is an accountant's best friend! Move over Fido! Saves hours of time, by not having to log into a bank and download PDFs one month at a time. The first time Hubdoc is connected with a bank, it will auto-fetch all available historical documents allowed by the particular bank. In some cases, it will fetch 36 months of historical documents. Going forward, it will auto-fetch documents as they become available. You hardly have to lift a finger. Hubdoc does a great job of organizing documents by account and by vendor. It is so easy for bookkeepers and accountants to reconcile bank statements. You can jump from one statement to another with one click. You can truely remain 100% paperless and never have to print unless you need to tick and tie or highlight. The Hubdoc mobile app is fantastic for capturing photos of receipts. They upload to Hubdoc in seconds! Hubdoc also does OCR. Within one day, invoices and receipts will have vendor name, date, amount populated in the coding fields. I love being able to sync to various accounting software (QuickBooks, Zero, Freshbooks, Intacct) and to a permanent document management system (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SmartVault, ShareFile) I love how credit card and checks can be sync'ed directly to the accounting software and the image of the receipt is attached to the transaction in the accounting software.,I do wish that the OCR process was quicker. It would be nice if the transaction was ready for review in 20 - 30 minutes or less. It seems like it does not sync corrections to QuickBooks Online (QBO) made after the initial sync. I may be wrong, but that has been my experience. Hubdoc's sync with Amazon was having issues. It started fetching invoices on in one of my Hubdoc companies, so I know it does work. But I tried to add Amazon to another Hubdoc company and Amazon was not even one of the list of vendors available for connection. Hubdoc's pricing is good, but flat at $20 per company. For clients that only have one checking account and one credit card, $240 per year is too much. They need to have a $5 per month version like QBO Self-Employed that is an low volume entry point. For larger companies with many accounts, Hubdoc at $20/mth is fantastic.,10,Saves hours of time! Well worth the investment if there are a lot of accounts, vendors, receipts, etc.,Bill.com,QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, ExpensifyHubDoc is Already Great but Has Significant Room for Improvement for CPAsWe use Hubdoc primarily to retrieve client documents such as bank or credit card statements, which is a big improvement because we had traditionally waited for clients to send these documents over to us which often lead to delays. We also use it for our outsourced accounting clients to retrieve bills from vendors and import them into Bill.com.,Retrieve bills and sync them to other systems such as Bill.com or Xero Retrieve client statements from banks/credit card companies,Their CPA hub is basically non-existent The lack of a CPA platform makes it annoying and counter-intuitive to manage multiple clients There is no ability to manage permissions,7,It made our scheduling more reliable because we have the documents we need more quickly We have less annoying client contacts where we were traditionally constantly bugging them to send us documents It has made the bill input process much more efficient, saving us time,Receipt Bank Practice Platform,QuickBooks Online, Xero, Bill.comHubdoc - huge time-saver!Hubdoc is used across our organization and it is great as we are able to keep an 'electronic' file of all of our bills and invoices - no need for paper copies and paper filing anymore!,Fetches all bills and invoices - we do not have to go to separate emails or get these by mail any longer Uptime - it is ALWAYS functional - never had any issues It is easy to use - very intuitive,We have one credit card bill that Hubdoc is not able to retrieve - not sure if the issue is on the end of the bank or Hubdoc,10,Makes getting our documents for our income tax return very easy - positive impact on efficiency Accurate and ensures compliance with government reporting requirements - we can easily retrieve documents if required,Receipt Bank Practice Platform, Xero, InsightlyHubdoc Pros from a Hubdoc ProWe became familiar with Hubdoc because it offers a lifetime free trial account for QuickBooks Online ProAdvisors. Some time back we registered for an account (why not, it's free, right?) and I did the certification course they offer. I held off for a while because I did not have a real need for it at the time. However, I picked it up again and thought I would play around with it. I was very satisfied with the performance overall and plan to implement it through our entire firm. Further, we plan to offer it as part of a package we offer to clients to help them go paperless. Hubdoc does three main things. It renames and saves documents that you scan and upload (or email to the custom email address they provide) into folders based on the vendor name, bill date, and amount. It can also take the information from those documents and post it to several different accounting packages. Finally, it can save the documents to several cloud storage services.,Filing documents by vendor Syncing with cloud accounting and storage services Accuracy of character recognition,Cannot understand all documents Does not provide option to sync files directly to local computer Pricing may be a little bit high,8,I don't have actual hard figures but I know it will save a lot of time for us. We can save an incredible amount of time letting Hubdoc do the tedious renaming and filing. By syncing with cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox, Hubdoc provides an extremely valuable service of information security by backing up our data. Hubdoc allows us to let an intern or newer employee be more productive because all they have to do is make sure that the scans are good quality and then upload the files to Hubdoc (which has a very easy to use interface). Any files that need special attention can then be addressed by a more senior member of our staff.,Receipt Bank Practice Platform and SmartVault,OneNote, LastPass, Google Drive
Hubdoc

Hubdoc Reviews

Hubdoc
Filter 16 vetted Hubdoc reviews and ratings
Luis F. Garcia profile photo
August 07, 2018

User Review: "Hubdoc works great!"

• Hubdoc interfaces with QuickBooks Online very well.
  • It has a well developed interface and is very intuitive to use.
  • Its ability to automate some parts of the organization of receipts is helpful.
  • I would love to be able to have separate accounts for each user that can be accessed by a single accountant, or that load receipts into a single accountant portal. There is some risk of corruption with all users having access to all other users' receipts.
It is excellent for small businesses, especially for those with a single business card or user. It is workable for larger businesses with multiple users, but not optimal because of the inability to have multiple accounts for a single business.
Read Luis F. Garcia's full review
Paul G. Calvin profile photo
January 30, 2018

User Review: "Hubdoc is an Accountant's best friend!"

• Hubdoc is an accountant's best friend! Move over Fido!
  • Saves hours of time, by not having to log into a bank and download PDFs one month at a time. The first time Hubdoc is connected with a bank, it will auto-fetch all available historical documents allowed by the particular bank. In some cases, it will fetch 36 months of historical documents. Going forward, it will auto-fetch documents as they become available. You hardly have to lift a finger.
  • Hubdoc does a great job of organizing documents by account and by vendor. It is so easy for bookkeepers and accountants to reconcile bank statements. You can jump from one statement to another with one click. You can truely remain 100% paperless and never have to print unless you need to tick and tie or highlight.
  • The Hubdoc mobile app is fantastic for capturing photos of receipts. They upload to Hubdoc in seconds!
  • Hubdoc also does OCR. Within one day, invoices and receipts will have vendor name, date, amount populated in the coding fields.
  • I love being able to sync to various accounting software (QuickBooks, Zero, Freshbooks, Intacct) and to a permanent document management system (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SmartVault, ShareFile)
  • I love how credit card and checks can be sync'ed directly to the accounting software and the image of the receipt is attached to the transaction in the accounting software.
  • I do wish that the OCR process was quicker. It would be nice if the transaction was ready for review in 20 - 30 minutes or less.
  • It seems like it does not sync corrections to QuickBooks Online (QBO) made after the initial sync. I may be wrong, but that has been my experience.
  • Hubdoc's sync with Amazon was having issues. It started fetching invoices on in one of my Hubdoc companies, so I know it does work. But I tried to add Amazon to another Hubdoc company and Amazon was not even one of the list of vendors available for connection.
  • Hubdoc's pricing is good, but flat at $20 per company. For clients that only have one checking account and one credit card, $240 per year is too much. They need to have a $5 per month version like QBO Self-Employed that is an low volume entry point. For larger companies with many accounts, Hubdoc at $20/mth is fantastic.
As an accountant, I would like to have Hubdoc set up for 100% of my clients. As mentioned before the $20 per month pricing model is great for a company with 4+ bank accounts and credit cards. Small business with only 2 bank/credit card accounts might find $20/mth too pricey.
Read Paul G. Calvin's full review
Jason Ackerman profile photo
January 18, 2018

Review: "HubDoc is Already Great but Has Significant Room for Improvement for CPAs"

• Retrieve bills and sync them to other systems such as Bill.com or Xero
  • Retrieve client statements from banks/credit card companies
  • Their CPA hub is basically non-existent
  • The lack of a CPA platform makes it annoying and counter-intuitive to manage multiple clients
  • There is no ability to manage permissions
It is great for retrieving bills from vendors, particularly monthly bills like telephone/internet, FedEx, etc. Many small vendors are not available when using this service. It is also great for retrieving client documents like bank and credit card statements and has saved us significant time and allowed us more flexibility when scheduling our jobs because we are no longer stuck waiting for the client to send over these documents.
Read Jason Ackerman's full review
Nicola (Nicki) Morris profile photo
February 15, 2018

User Review: "Hubdoc - huge time-saver!"

• Fetches all bills and invoices - we do not have to go to separate emails or get these by mail any longer
  • Uptime - it is ALWAYS functional - never had any issues
  • It is easy to use - very intuitive
  • We have one credit card bill that Hubdoc is not able to retrieve - not sure if the issue is on the end of the bank or Hubdoc
Any type of business where there are bills to retrieve or other types of documents to retrieve and file
Read Nicola (Nicki) Morris's full review
February 15, 2018

User Review: "Hubdoc Pros from a Hubdoc Pro"

• Filing documents by vendor
  • Syncing with cloud accounting and storage services
  • Accuracy of character recognition
  • Cannot understand all documents
  • Does not provide option to sync files directly to local computer
  • Pricing may be a little bit high
I would recommend Hubdoc in almost any situation, except where Ledger Docs, Neat, or one of the other options out there made more sense with their workflow or with regard to pricing. Also, if most of the documents that are being scanned are handwritten invoices, or similar documents that a computer may have a hard time determining the structure or making out the text body, Hubdoc will likely not handle it well.
Paula Bledsoe profile photo
September 15, 2017

Hubdoc Review: "Time saver = More me time!"

I use HubDoc for my clients to submit their receipts to me for coding and write-up. I first implemented it when I found that it directly downloaded Amazon invoices. Unfortunately Amazon is constantly changing their security for accessing the accounts, so HubDoc hasn't worked properly with Amazon for over 8 months. However, it works great when a clean and clear receipt is uploaded by a user. There are many options for linking and exporting to other cloud services.
  • Many options for connecting to other apps.
  • Download statements and invoices direct from banks , utilities, and other companies.
  • Easy app for uploading receipts from your smartphone or tablet.
  • Manage clients accounts and users.
  • Ability to upliad or merge multiple pages into one transaction.
  • Keep email with uploaded document. And the ability to separate documents if unloaded together.
  • Better alerts for tabs, ready to review tab and failed alert tab.
  • Add a reporting system. The ability to generate reports.
Hubdoc is great for collecting financial documents and receipts in one place. It is not a solution for anyone who needs to create reports from those documents. e.g. expense reports.
Read Paula Bledsoe's full review
October 10, 2017

Hubdoc Review: "Great document fetching and receipt management app!"

Hubdoc addresses client document procurement and storage in a central location. It's also great for receipt management.
  • Pulls bank statements
  • Pulls check and deposit images. This is an incredibly helpful function when you don't have a view only access to the client's bank account.
  • Takes scanned receipts and imports them to QuickBooks. This is a great feature to "audit proof the books."
  • Limited phone tech support.
  • Connection issues to the bank with connections breaking
Hubdoc is great when the financial institution is available. It streamlines the document gathering and storage process.

Hubdoc Scorecard Summary

About Hubdoc

Hubdoc is a document management software offering from Hubdoc.