Overall Satisfaction with Zendesk
Zendesk helps businesses organize and expedite the flow of customer support inquiries utilizing a proprietary cloud-based ticketing system. Support agents can work remotely using any computer or phone with Zendesk being a cloud-based system, which is an asset to any organization that wishes to keep up with the quick start-up nature of the current environment. Transparency via custom reporting also allows the upper echelons of management to see how well their agents are performing with the ability to monitor average response times, satisfaction ratings, and breakdowns of ticket types. Zendesk is highly recommended to all organizations wishing to bolster their customer service efforts.
- A cloud-based system means agents can work from anywhere.
- Custom reporting allows for full transparency of customer service activities and metrics.
- The ability to handle emails and customer service calls without the need of physical help center equipment helps keep overhead costs to a minimum.
- Zendesk occasionally will fail to make outbound calls inexplicably. This can be rectified by logging out and back in to the system.
- Zendesk Voice does not have the standard ability to transfer calls. This makes passing calls between departments cumbersome.
- The standard ticket statuses are limiting. The ability to customize ticket types beyond Open, On-Hold, and Pending would be welcome in maintaining an organized environment.
- Transparency via reporting has led to the promotion and removal of helpful and lacking agents, respectively.
- Customer's satisfaction reviews on solved tickets provided insight on best business practices.
- Custom ticket filtering rules help alleviate time spent on tickets that can be auto-solved before reaching a live agent.
Zoho does have a ticketing system, however, the user-interface is not as logically laid out as Zendesk's. Zoho is also based in India, which can make receiving customer support difficult. Zendesk also has a proprietary voice system, while Zoho relies on integration with RingCentral, which may not work for all users.
In any environment where a business handles customer service inquiries, Zendesk is a welcome asset. Even though Zendesk has the ability to receive inbound calls, and perform outbound calls, Zendesk is not optimal for a sales team. This is because, unlike a full CRM, Zendesk does not capture lead information in a way that is helpful to maintaining organization within a standard sales team.