<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.2 out of 101
Based on 64 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
AWeber is best suited for small to midsized B2B companies and smaller ecommerce suppliers who don't have huge mailing lists (20,000 or fewer subscribers) and don't need sophisticated automation sequences or personalization. Because of its pricing model (based on subscribers, but no limit on emails) it's great for vendors who do multiple mailings each month but to a reasonably small list. Larger companies will likely look for a more sophisticated offering or bring this in-house with marketing automation software.
Consultant in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Triggered drip sequences
- Gets email past spam filters and into recipients' email inboxes
- Customer support is great - love the telephone support when I have a question or am stuck.
- Makes it easy to identify who has opened emails, who has not, and send emails to list segments based on opens / non-opens
- Allows you to segment lists by other criteria, such as birthday. We have used Aweber to send out birthday offers to people on the list who have birthdays that month.
- I like the wide selection of ready made opt in form designs that can be customized and embedded on client websites
- I like the hosted opt-in form option where you can send people a link to an opt in form without having to host it on your own website .. great for people who need to build a list but don't have a website yet.
- AWeber could use some improvement in the functionality and range of what options they provide in the editor. For example, it would be nice to have more font choices and if the editor would remember font color choices that are most used (it refreshes after saving). Sometimes the editor doesn't hold your font choice and so you have to go back and select your font choice again.
- AWeber's editor functionality takes a little getting used to. Sometimes you have to line your image or paragraph blocks up differently than it looks in the editor. I always TEST my emails to make sure images and text aline nicely in the final email, overall it is a good layout and is still easier and less time consuming than writing html newsletters:)
- It would be nice if AWeber created more customizable social media share buttons you could insert (as an option) that can be used when creating newsletters and blogs.
- The url/link button could use some improvement as far as work flow goes, it is easy to link text or make a url live, but not easy to break the link on words, usually you have to delete and re-write the words.
- AWeber should move the pop up image edit box over to the right more for a better work flow, so it doesn't overlap the editor, it makes it hard to delete and move blocks when it is overlapped with the pop up editor.
- AWeber blog broadcasts are not very appealing visually.
- It would be nice if AWeber provided more plain/customizable templates for your own branding that allows for background colors that match your branding for newsletter and blogs.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 6 answers
Based on 2 answers
See previous answers ... the design / customization interface could be more intuitive and elegant .. for example, for me it has been difficult to easily figure out how to place pictures / images to the right, left or center of text.
Based on 2 answers
I have always received prompt phone or live chat support that has resolved my issues on the first call in a competent, knowledgeable and friendly manner. By contrast MailChimp offers no live chat or phone support; they only offer email support and the response time for MailChimp is slow by comparison to AWeber.
My organization used AWeber for about a year and has since moved to the HubSpot CRM. This was for a variety of reasons, but in terms of email marketing in particular, AWeber is still a very strong contender. If I were to start my own business, I would absolutely go back to using AWeber.
Manager in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- Email marketing is a very valuable part of any business. So if you don't already have something going, AWeber could be your first step into this world. I would say it is good for the beginner or intermediate email marketer.
- We have seen a huge decrease in responses and sales if we don't use an automated system with email marketing. AWeber executes this well.
- Overall, using AWeber was a necessity at the time of our product launches. It helped us keep everything organized.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?