Likelihood to Recommend
AWeber is best suited for small to midsized B2B companies and smaller ecommerce suppliers who don't have huge mailing lists (20,000 or fewer subscribers) and don't need sophisticated automation sequences or personalization. Because of its pricing model (based on subscribers, but no limit on emails) it's great for vendors who do multiple mailings each month but to a reasonably small list. Larger companies will likely look for a more sophisticated offering or bring this in-house with marketing automation software.
Consultant in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Email deliverability reporting
Triggered drip sequences
- Aweber manages mailing lists particularly well. By this I mean that it handles subscribe and unsubscribe requests automatically, so you never have to worry about annoying people by accidentally sending them information they opted out of.
- Aweber provides reliable scheduling of messages. This works for newsletters that you want to write and schedule in advance as well as auto-responder sequences that you create for a specific campaign. It also connects directly to your blog and social media profiles so that you can post in one location and have it show up on all your profiles. That's really handy!
- Aweber provides detailed analytics for all of your broadcasted messages without overcomplicating things. You can easily see who received, opened, and clicked the links within your messages, so that you can consistently refine your marketing efforts.
- Aweber is also affordable. Some mailing list applications cost an arm and leg, but Aweber can easily fit into just about any budget. It's reasonable cost also allows it to pay for itself very quickly.
- Aweber's drag and drop email designer could be a little easier to use.
- It is difficult to design templates for the casual user, they almost always need help.
- The user interface is a little friendlier to a techy than a noobie. MailChimp is much easier to use but I would NEVER recommend MailChimp for serious marketers.
C-Level Executive in CorporateMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 6 answers
AWeber is easy and intuitive for me use. I really like the simplicity and the structure of the work flow as it saves me time. AWeber also integrates with all the other programs, systems and gateways that I use on a daily basis (WordPress, Paypal, LeadPages, Facebook and more) and if I have any questions or have trouble the AWeber customer service technicians are very helpful.
Based on 2 answers
See previous answers ... the design / customization interface could be more intuitive and elegant .. for example, for me it has been difficult to easily figure out how to place pictures / images to the right, left or center of text.
Based on 2 answers
I have always received prompt phone or live chat support that has resolved my issues on the first call in a competent, knowledgeable and friendly manner. By contrast MailChimp offers no live chat or phone support; they only offer email support and the response time for MailChimp is slow by comparison to AWeber.
AWeber is exact in between of Eloqua and Mailchimp. It has more options and functionality then Mail chimp, but it is lighter (not as coding heavy) than Eloqua. This is a good fit if you are in the walk phase of your email strategy and have a database under 2MM
Return on Investment
- If the campaign is well designed in the first place, ROI is immediate.
- Occasionally, when we do test runs, we find AWeber can even show us ways we can make our campaign even better, or catch something we had not foreseen.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?