Listrak, headquartered in Pennsylvania, offers a customer data and marketing platform for retailers that features email marketing with social network engagement, abandoned cart rescue, and in-store data / information retrieval. Listrak is retail-specific and helps create an integrated and personalized customer experience across physical stores, ecommerce stores, social networks, or email, helping retail entities of widely varying sizes, small to large, to achieve their marketing goals. Listrak offers a 1:1 demonstration of their product, which is extensible via an XML-based API and many built in integrations with various other platforms (e.g. ecommerce). Listrak presents consulting expertise from implementation support to creative and strategic support as well, for both in-person retail and ecommerce marketing optimization.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/2T/w8/QDP5ET60XV5M.jpegLOVE Listrak! Great e-comm tool with amazing ROI resultsWe use Listrak to create and send our email campaigns. I had never heard of Listrak until I started working here, but quickly discovered how easy it was to use, and how much focus they really have on e-commerce. We can quickly create an email, import/upload media files and add them to an email, modify the HTML or create a drag & drop template, segment our various audiences and send our marketing emails to very specific, dynamic segments. In addition, we use Listrak to send our triggered email campaigns. The setup is incredibly simple and these campaigns have really helped us move the needle. We average about 60/40 for marketing vs triggered sends, and sometimes even see 50/50 on certain months! It definitely helps make my job easier, and while I do rely on their support team and my AM team a lot, they constantly teach me new things so I can figure things out on my own. It's a very sophisticated platform, and while it can seem daunting, it isn't difficult to use. You'll just need to learn a few tricks to help make navigating and creating easier.,E-commerce: The focus they have on e-commerce businesses is incredible! We can offer up recommendations to our subscribers based on what they've browsed, abandoned, and/or purchased... all in one email or web page! It makes the process of merchandising in emails that much more personal and simplified. Simplicity: While there are many components to the Listrak platform, each area is simplified in a way to make it easy to use. For example, there are a ton of analytics data, but they offer various visual formats to hone in on what metric(s) you're looking to view. Success: What good is an investment if you're not getting a solid return? Listrak has everything we need (plus some) to be successful. Their team is highly knowledgeable too, and if one person doesn't know something, they'll find the answer for you. They are always very helpful!,I'd like more control with the drag & drop template builder. I've used HubSpot in the past, and the builder they offer allows a lot of customization to a simple template which makes someone who isn't savvy with HTML/CSS capable of creating beautiful & mobile friendly templates. It would help me, as sometimes I'm focused too much on the dev side of email creation. Being able to modify the CSS in the header of a builder template, and in specific builder modules, would significantly increase my turn-around time for email creation, and would allow me to leverage others in our marketing team to help in the email process (and send more emails!). The chat feature (and consistency of experience) isn't always that great of an experience. I love being able to quickly message support when I run into something, but in truth, there have been a few too many times that my chats have been left unread for 20+ minutes, and once when a support person just ghosted me in perhaps one of the most difficult times that I needed them (and was extremely pressed for time, unable to call them). I ended up figuring it out on my own, but the consistency in chat is lacking. This one is silly, but it has been a source of pain for me: the ability to exclude audiences. When I'm creating a segment, I have the option to pull in saved audiences (previously saved searches for a group of contacts). But I don't have the option to exclude them, which requires making a new audience with logic that sometimes I have to cross my fingers and hope the logic is correct and all-encompassing. It's not a deal-breaker, but it doesn't help save time in the email sending process.,9,A huge ROI! Email accounts for a very, very significant portion of our overall company revenue (especially when you compare cost vs sales). They help me understand information that Google Analytics cannot show (e.g., how certain split tests perform regarding revenue, when the campaign parameters are the same) and of course show us engagement info. The only big negative is that, because it requires knowledge of HTML/CSS, taking a vacation is very difficult for me because I'm the only one managing our email program. None of our other marketing team members know enough to help me when I'm swamped or need extended time off. If only that really customizable builder were available......... ;),HubSpot, Campaign Monitor and Salesforce Commerce Cloud,1 to 5 million,B2C,Magento, JIRA Software, MonetateListrak means BusinessCurrently, Listrak is the primary digital marketing platform utilized at our company. We use Listrak strictly for email marketing campaigns that are sent to our customers on a monthly basis. Listrak simplifies a variety of tedious issues, such as email automation based on customer engagement and ability to save developing and design time by implementing dynamic content.,Analytics: Their contact, conversion, and message analytics are far superior to many other platforms I have used. They have a variety of import/export functionalities that trump their completion. The amount and variety of ways you are able to segment your database and lists seems infinite - which is convenient for anyone dealing with list sizes of approximately 2 million. Unique Tools: Listrak offers unique tools such as model acquisition, shopping cart abandonment, & Coupon Manager. The latest addition, 'Coupon Manager' allows you to generate Barcodes & QR codes in email and SMS campaigns. All features and tools have an analytics dashboard that helps you understand a variety of data that will benefit future marketing campaigns,It is rare that I have issues or feel like Listrak has an area to improve in. The company is constantly ahead of the market and making additions/improvements on a monthly basis. That being said ... I have one area to suggest improvements: COMPOSER Composer - Drag & Drop editor: Although their design software with the new 'Composer' is better than your average WYSIWYG editor, their drag & drop editor lacks some basic design tools that stunt your ability to design out-of-the-box email campaigns. I typically write all my email code, so this doesn’t necessarily affect me in a negative manner. But ... if coding emails isn't your strong point, then the lack of design features and limited template selection could be bothersome. (*disclaimer - I do not believe Listrak's drag & drop editor is garbage, but it does fall short when compared to some of its competition.),10,Ability to execute dynamic content & intricately segmented email campaigns has made a hugely positive impact on our marketing capabilities while maintaining a large database. Listrak does cost slightly more than its competition, therefore making me (the consumer) look a little harder at our ROI since implementing Listrak as our primary digital marketing platform. All-in-all, it is safe to say that Listrak has definitely had a positive impact on our overall business goals of creating campaigns that increase customer engagement, click-thru rates, and most importantly conversions.,Mailigen, SendGrid Marketing Email, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp and Constant Contact,1 to 5 million,Both,Mailigen, MailChimp, Campaign MonitorGreat ESP, particularly for a mid-tier eCommerce CompanyListrak is our email services provider. We use it to send out marketing and promotional emails to our customer database.,In the world of self-service models for ESPs, Listrak provides a hybrid solution. They offer an inexpensive self-serve model that comes with an account rep for services and support. Great platform with many features and functions that is in a constant state of evolution and improvement. They have a great CEO who was the original founder of the company. He's managed to grow the business but chose not to be acquired like so many other ESPs in the past decade. This makes them nimble and able to address the needs of their customers. Their primary focus is helping eCommerce retailers grow their revenue using email marketing.,Contract – be very careful about reading the fine lines of the contract. The pricing is not as straight-forward as others and they try to get you to commit for two years, which makes it more expensive in the second year, as your list grows. The warm-up process was done incorrectly on my account and, as a result, we got blacklisted by Gmail. This could have been avoided if more attention had been paid to the process. We are going to be digging out of this for quite a while. Shopping cart abandonment issue - if you're on Shopify (and not Shopify Plus), Listrak is unable to capture the email address of someone who abandons their cart deep in the process. This is a feature other ESPs who have been Shopify integrations offer and a real area of opportunity for Listrak. Listrak does not have an Amazon integration. Not all ESP's have this and it isn't something all eCommerce retailers want, but we could sure use it. User interface is not bad, but not quite as user friendly as others.,7,Currently, it has not been as positive as I had hoped due to the challenges previously mentioned. I'm optimistic this will turn around.,Klaviyo and MailChimp,25,000 to 100,000,B2C,Shopify, Google Analytics, Later, Yotpo, HotjarListrak Makes Email Marketing to the Masses More ManageableI've been using Listrak now for email marketing and communication with our customer base for over two years now. It's provided a great set of features and benefits we've been able to take advantage of in our marketing processes. We send daily marketing emails along with other special related marketing pieces as well. Listrak does a good job of integrating with our custom developed eCommerce website to track and use customer purchase history for follow-up, and supporting transactional emails as well. Listrak is a very powerful tool and I continue to find new features and functionality available that we can continue to take advantage of in our marketing efforts to drive better results for our bottom line. When needed, Listrak customer support is also always there to lend a hand and help with explanations or education of more functions.,Easily manage large customer base Effectively group and divide customer list into more functional audience and targeted delivery groups Great customer care and support from Help Desk team Lots of online resources for help and support available as well,GUI could use a bit of a refresh but not out-of-date functionally Some of the transactional and responsive campaign building controls can be somewhat cumbersome Sometimes a challenge to quickly navigate to components or find pieces of data for customers that you're needing,9,Listrak has definitely had positive impact on bottom line for sales and marketing purposes Pricing model for us has worked as needed Definitely feel comfortable recommending Listrak to professional contacts and connections across numerous industry groups,,25,000 to 100,000,Both,Google Analytics, RavenTools, Adobe Photoshop,2,2Listrak is the one we use!We use Listrak mostly as a email marketing tool. It is utilized by our marketing and .com teams. It holds and organizes our subscriptions lists and has a great user friendly dashboard for creating emails. You can use the drag and drop tool if you are technically challenged but there is also HTML editing if you are comfortable creating in that environment. The reports are also well built.,Segmentation is one of my favorite features. We love being able to pull specific audiences and tailor our marketing to the individual customer. Importing and exporting lists is very self explanatory and easy to manage. The main dash has a great overview of your most recent messages and metrics.,We have a Top Contributors list that we use that is a little tricky to update. When you import the list the software will check for duplicates which is nice but we would love to see an option where names that are on the new list but not in the previous list can be easily removed. Right now it is a manual process so it's a little time consuming.,8,We have very few emails that go out that do not provide a ROI for us. We have some emails that are not intended for conversions but if we keep the links to the site on the informational or segmented emails we usually end up with a few sales as a by product. For us it has been worth the investment. The one thing we are having issue with right now is not a Listrak problem specifically, just a marketing issue in general. The new GDPR laws are pretty strict about marketing outside the US and the penalties are significant. We have a large portion of our business overseas so this has been difficult to navigate.,,25,000 to 100,000,B2C,Bazaarvoice Conversations, IdeaScale
Listrak

Listrak Reviews

Listrak
Filter 12 vetted Listrak reviews and ratings
Steffany Winkelmann profile photo
August 16, 2018

Review: "LOVE Listrak! Great e-comm tool with amazing ROI results"

• E-commerce: The focus they have on e-commerce businesses is incredible! We can offer up recommendations to our subscribers based on what they've browsed, abandoned, and/or purchased... all in one email or web page! It makes the process of merchandising in emails that much more personal and simplified.
  • Simplicity: While there are many components to the Listrak platform, each area is simplified in a way to make it easy to use. For example, there are a ton of analytics data, but they offer various visual formats to hone in on what metric(s) you're looking to view.
  • Success: What good is an investment if you're not getting a solid return? Listrak has everything we need (plus some) to be successful. Their team is highly knowledgeable too, and if one person doesn't know something, they'll find the answer for you. They are always very helpful!
  • I'd like more control with the drag & drop template builder. I've used HubSpot in the past, and the builder they offer allows a lot of customization to a simple template which makes someone who isn't savvy with HTML/CSS capable of creating beautiful & mobile friendly templates. It would help me, as sometimes I'm focused too much on the dev side of email creation. Being able to modify the CSS in the header of a builder template, and in specific builder modules, would significantly increase my turn-around time for email creation, and would allow me to leverage others in our marketing team to help in the email process (and send more emails!).
  • The chat feature (and consistency of experience) isn't always that great of an experience. I love being able to quickly message support when I run into something, but in truth, there have been a few too many times that my chats have been left unread for 20+ minutes, and once when a support person just ghosted me in perhaps one of the most difficult times that I needed them (and was extremely pressed for time, unable to call them). I ended up figuring it out on my own, but the consistency in chat is lacking.
  • This one is silly, but it has been a source of pain for me: the ability to exclude audiences. When I'm creating a segment, I have the option to pull in saved audiences (previously saved searches for a group of contacts). But I don't have the option to exclude them, which requires making a new audience with logic that sometimes I have to cross my fingers and hope the logic is correct and all-encompassing. It's not a deal-breaker, but it doesn't help save time in the email sending process.
It is definitely a contender if you run an e-commerce website. It connects with a host of different e-comm platforms (we use Magento) which makes product recommendations, purchase history/amounts, website behavior, etc. a lot easier to segment on and set trigger campaigns or targeted sends.

If you're a B2B company, you probably won't want to use Listrak. The tools they have don't accommodate that segment as well as B2C, as many features would go unused since they simply don't make sense. I'm sure there are instances where Listrak would work just fine, but coming from that area previously, it is definitely a B2C tool.
Read Steffany Winkelmann's full review
Taylor Patton profile photo
May 28, 2018

User Review: "Listrak means Business"

• Analytics: Their contact, conversion, and message analytics are far superior to many other platforms I have used. They have a variety of import/export functionalities that trump their completion. The amount and variety of ways you are able to segment your database and lists seems infinite - which is convenient for anyone dealing with list sizes of approximately 2 million.
  • Unique Tools: Listrak offers unique tools such as model acquisition, shopping cart abandonment, & Coupon Manager. The latest addition, 'Coupon Manager' allows you to generate Barcodes & QR codes in email and SMS campaigns. All features and tools have an analytics dashboard that helps you understand a variety of data that will benefit future marketing campaigns
  • It is rare that I have issues or feel like Listrak has an area to improve in. The company is constantly ahead of the market and making additions/improvements on a monthly basis. That being said ... I have one area to suggest improvements: COMPOSER
  • Composer - Drag & Drop editor: Although their design software with the new 'Composer' is better than your average WYSIWYG editor, their drag & drop editor lacks some basic design tools that stunt your ability to design out-of-the-box email campaigns. I typically write all my email code, so this doesn’t necessarily affect me in a negative manner. But ... if coding emails isn't your strong point, then the lack of design features and limited template selection could be bothersome. (*disclaimer - I do not believe Listrak's drag & drop editor is garbage, but it does fall short when compared to some of its competition.)
Listrak is wonderful if your company has a large email database with a goal of increasing customer engagement. The wide variety of analytics & reports you can produce makes Listrak extremely useful for data driven marketing techniques. As I stated previously, Listrak is slighly behind its competition with their drag & drop editor, 'Composer.' If you're looking for ease-of-use for email design and a variety of responsive templates to choose from, Listrak may not be your best option, but a little bit of email coding knowledge makes that problem irrelevant
Read Taylor Patton's full review
Sheryl Biesman profile photo
August 17, 2018

Listrak Review: "Great ESP, particularly for a mid-tier eCommerce Company"

• In the world of self-service models for ESPs, Listrak provides a hybrid solution. They offer an inexpensive self-serve model that comes with an account rep for services and support.
  • Great platform with many features and functions that is in a constant state of evolution and improvement.
  • They have a great CEO who was the original founder of the company. He's managed to grow the business but chose not to be acquired like so many other ESPs in the past decade. This makes them nimble and able to address the needs of their customers.
  • Their primary focus is helping eCommerce retailers grow their revenue using email marketing.
  • Contract – be very careful about reading the fine lines of the contract. The pricing is not as straight-forward as others and they try to get you to commit for two years, which makes it more expensive in the second year, as your list grows.
  • The warm-up process was done incorrectly on my account and, as a result, we got blacklisted by Gmail. This could have been avoided if more attention had been paid to the process. We are going to be digging out of this for quite a while.
  • Shopping cart abandonment issue - if you're on Shopify (and not Shopify Plus), Listrak is unable to capture the email address of someone who abandons their cart deep in the process. This is a feature other ESPs who have been Shopify integrations offer and a real area of opportunity for Listrak.
  • Listrak does not have an Amazon integration. Not all ESP's have this and it isn't something all eCommerce retailers want, but we could sure use it.
  • User interface is not bad, but not quite as user friendly as others.
Great for the mid-tier e-commerce retailer looking to increase sales using email marketing. Not as well suited for non-e-commerce businesses and very e-commerce small businesses
Read Sheryl Biesman's full review
Jason Bean profile photo
August 16, 2018

Review: "Listrak Makes Email Marketing to the Masses More Manageable"

• Easily manage large customer base
  • Effectively group and divide customer list into more functional audience and targeted delivery groups
  • Great customer care and support from Help Desk team
  • Lots of online resources for help and support available as well
  • GUI could use a bit of a refresh but not out-of-date functionally
  • Some of the transactional and responsive campaign building controls can be somewhat cumbersome
  • Sometimes a challenge to quickly navigate to components or find pieces of data for customers that you're needing
I believe Listrak is a good application for larger companies and organizations. It may be a little overkill for smaller businesses and agencies. Features and functions available for both. Generally would come down to effective pricing models at smaller scales when needed would be fine.
Read Jason Bean's full review
August 03, 2018

User Review: "Listrak is the one we use!"

• Segmentation is one of my favorite features. We love being able to pull specific audiences and tailor our marketing to the individual customer.
  • Importing and exporting lists is very self explanatory and easy to manage.
  • The main dash has a great overview of your most recent messages and metrics.
  • We have a Top Contributors list that we use that is a little tricky to update. When you import the list the software will check for duplicates which is nice but we would love to see an option where names that are on the new list but not in the previous list can be easily removed. Right now it is a manual process so it's a little time consuming.
We use Listrak to send cart abandonment emails, welcome emails, and sales emails. We also use the segmentation tool to find specific customers if we are looking for feedback on new products or specific issues. This has been a great way to reach out to them in a very personalized way.
Mark Vogel profile photo
December 14, 2017

"Review of Listrak"

I use it to create and implement email marketing campaigns on behalf of clients. I use it to automate best-practice, responsive email campaigns for business to business and business to consumer clients. I also create and manage automated sales drip campaigns for teams of sales reps. Helps me create highly-personalized and customized messaging.
  • Easy personalization and customization of messaging.
  • High deliverability and reliability.
  • Easy to use user interface.
  • Some functions are displayed in small screen areas, necessitating much scrolling.
  • Would like analytics within "conversations" that match those of conventional message analytics.
  • Needs flexibility in designing the pass along message screen.
Very strong in retail email marketing. This is their sweet spot, and any business in online retail or brick and mortar retail should definitely consider Listrak. I also use Listrak for business to business email marketing, especially when designed to drive new business or reactivate old customers. Great for drip marketing campaigns.
Read Mark Vogel's full review
Alice Carter profile photo
September 01, 2015

Listrak Review: "Good product with excellent customer service but not a great match for our business needs."

Listrak is used across the organization and not just in our department. It currently handles all of our marketing to prospective students as well as to alumni, parents,and other potential donors to the college.
  • Freat customer support.
  • Easy to make templates to be used across my department.
  • System for email personalization very simple to use.
  • Good analytics on each email.
  • In training sessions lead by Listrak staff, they did not show understanding that we have a back-end database that is our system of record for email addresses.
  • Would like a way to organize users into permission groups, so that everyone in my department can see each other's work and collaborate without seeing work of other parts of our organization.
  • Switching between HTML view and design view introduce extra quotation marks, which breaks the HTML code.
  • System for knowing who was "subscribed" and who is on suppression list, and reason for being on suppression list very hard to understand.
Listrack seems better suited for a series of one-off emails to discreet lists of addresses than for series of messages to core constituency.
Read Alice Carter's full review