Reviews (1-7 of 7)
In addition, we use Listrak to send our triggered email campaigns. The setup is incredibly simple and these campaigns have really helped us move the needle. We average about 60/40 for marketing vs triggered sends, and sometimes even see 50/50 on certain months! It definitely helps make my job easier, and while I do rely on their support team and my AM team a lot, they constantly teach me new things so I can figure things out on my own. It's a very sophisticated platform, and while it can seem daunting, it isn't difficult to use. You'll just need to learn a few tricks to help make navigating and creating easier.
- E-commerce: The focus they have on e-commerce businesses is incredible! We can offer up recommendations to our subscribers based on what they've browsed, abandoned, and/or purchased... all in one email or web page! It makes the process of merchandising in emails that much more personal and simplified.
- Simplicity: While there are many components to the Listrak platform, each area is simplified in a way to make it easy to use. For example, there are a ton of analytics data, but they offer various visual formats to hone in on what metric(s) you're looking to view.
- Success: What good is an investment if you're not getting a solid return? Listrak has everything we need (plus some) to be successful. Their team is highly knowledgeable too, and if one person doesn't know something, they'll find the answer for you. They are always very helpful!
- I'd like more control with the drag & drop template builder. I've used HubSpot in the past, and the builder they offer allows a lot of customization to a simple template which makes someone who isn't savvy with HTML/CSS capable of creating beautiful & mobile friendly templates. It would help me, as sometimes I'm focused too much on the dev side of email creation. Being able to modify the CSS in the header of a builder template, and in specific builder modules, would significantly increase my turn-around time for email creation, and would allow me to leverage others in our marketing team to help in the email process (and send more emails!).
- The chat feature (and consistency of experience) isn't always that great of an experience. I love being able to quickly message support when I run into something, but in truth, there have been a few too many times that my chats have been left unread for 20+ minutes, and once when a support person just ghosted me in perhaps one of the most difficult times that I needed them (and was extremely pressed for time, unable to call them). I ended up figuring it out on my own, but the consistency in chat is lacking.
- This one is silly, but it has been a source of pain for me: the ability to exclude audiences. When I'm creating a segment, I have the option to pull in saved audiences (previously saved searches for a group of contacts). But I don't have the option to exclude them, which requires making a new audience with logic that sometimes I have to cross my fingers and hope the logic is correct and all-encompassing. It's not a deal-breaker, but it doesn't help save time in the email sending process.
If you're a B2B company, you probably won't want to use Listrak. The tools they have don't accommodate that segment as well as B2C, as many features would go unused since they simply don't make sense. I'm sure there are instances where Listrak would work just fine, but coming from that area previously, it is definitely a B2C tool.
- Analytics: Their contact, conversion, and message analytics are far superior to many other platforms I have used. They have a variety of import/export functionalities that trump their completion. The amount and variety of ways you are able to segment your database and lists seems infinite - which is convenient for anyone dealing with list sizes of approximately 2 million.
- Unique Tools: Listrak offers unique tools such as model acquisition, shopping cart abandonment, & Coupon Manager. The latest addition, 'Coupon Manager' allows you to generate Barcodes & QR codes in email and SMS campaigns. All features and tools have an analytics dashboard that helps you understand a variety of data that will benefit future marketing campaigns
- It is rare that I have issues or feel like Listrak has an area to improve in. The company is constantly ahead of the market and making additions/improvements on a monthly basis. That being said ... I have one area to suggest improvements: COMPOSER
- Composer - Drag & Drop editor: Although their design software with the new 'Composer' is better than your average WYSIWYG editor, their drag & drop editor lacks some basic design tools that stunt your ability to design out-of-the-box email campaigns. I typically write all my email code, so this doesn’t necessarily affect me in a negative manner. But ... if coding emails isn't your strong point, then the lack of design features and limited template selection could be bothersome. (*disclaimer - I do not believe Listrak's drag & drop editor is garbage, but it does fall short when compared to some of its competition.)
- In the world of self-service models for ESPs, Listrak provides a hybrid solution. They offer an inexpensive self-serve model that comes with an account rep for services and support.
- Great platform with many features and functions that is in a constant state of evolution and improvement.
- They have a great CEO who was the original founder of the company. He's managed to grow the business but chose not to be acquired like so many other ESPs in the past decade. This makes them nimble and able to address the needs of their customers.
- Their primary focus is helping eCommerce retailers grow their revenue using email marketing.
- Contract – be very careful about reading the fine lines of the contract. The pricing is not as straight-forward as others and they try to get you to commit for two years, which makes it more expensive in the second year, as your list grows.
- The warm-up process was done incorrectly on my account and, as a result, we got blacklisted by Gmail. This could have been avoided if more attention had been paid to the process. We are going to be digging out of this for quite a while.
- Shopping cart abandonment issue - if you're on Shopify (and not Shopify Plus), Listrak is unable to capture the email address of someone who abandons their cart deep in the process. This is a feature other ESPs who have been Shopify integrations offer and a real area of opportunity for Listrak.
- Listrak does not have an Amazon integration. Not all ESP's have this and it isn't something all eCommerce retailers want, but we could sure use it.
- User interface is not bad, but not quite as user friendly as others.
- Easily manage large customer base
- Effectively group and divide customer list into more functional audience and targeted delivery groups
- Great customer care and support from Help Desk team
- Lots of online resources for help and support available as well
- GUI could use a bit of a refresh but not out-of-date functionally
- Some of the transactional and responsive campaign building controls can be somewhat cumbersome
- Sometimes a challenge to quickly navigate to components or find pieces of data for customers that you're needing
- Segmentation is one of my favorite features. We love being able to pull specific audiences and tailor our marketing to the individual customer.
- Importing and exporting lists is very self explanatory and easy to manage.
- The main dash has a great overview of your most recent messages and metrics.
- We have a Top Contributors list that we use that is a little tricky to update. When you import the list the software will check for duplicates which is nice but we would love to see an option where names that are on the new list but not in the previous list can be easily removed. Right now it is a manual process so it's a little time consuming.
- Easy personalization and customization of messaging.
- High deliverability and reliability.
- Easy to use user interface.
- Some functions are displayed in small screen areas, necessitating much scrolling.
- Would like analytics within "conversations" that match those of conventional message analytics.
- Needs flexibility in designing the pass along message screen.
Listrak Review: "Good product with excellent customer service but not a great match for our business needs."
- Great customer support.
- Easy to make templates to be used across my department.
- System for email personalization very simple to use.
- Good analytics on each email.
- In training sessions lead by Listrak staff, they did not show understanding that we have a back-end database that is our system of record for email addresses.
- Would like a way to organize users into permission groups, so that everyone in my department can see each other's work and collaborate without seeing work of other parts of our organization.
- Switching between HTML view and design view introduce extra quotation marks, which breaks the HTML code.
- System for knowing who was "subscribed" and who is on suppression list, and reason for being on suppression list very hard to understand.
Listrak Scorecard Summary
Listrak, headquartered in Pennsylvania, offers a customer data and marketing platform for retailers that features email marketing with social network engagement, abandoned cart rescue, and in-store data / information retrieval. Listrak is retail-specific and helps create an integrated and personalized customer experience across physical stores, ecommerce stores, social networks, or email, helping retail entities of widely varying sizes, small to large, to achieve their marketing goals.
Listrak offers a 1:1 demonstration of their product, which is extensible via an XML-based API and many built in integrations with various other platforms (e.g. ecommerce). Listrak presents consulting expertise from implementation support to creative and strategic support as well, for both in-person retail and ecommerce marketing optimization.
Listrak Technical Details