Reviews (1-25 of 44)
- Convenient dashboard
- Good email template support
- Statistics and Logs
- No subscription or auto-renew for SMS service
- Transaction Email deliver just stopped working without any response from support for 3 days(!)
- Unreliable, if something doesn't work there are nobody to help you
- Has a documented API
- Has webhooks for events
- Support is slow - they can take hours to days to respond
- We purchased a plan and a paid dedicated IP (so that we can send more than 40 emails an hour). Configured a subdomain as required by them. After all this, we find out that the links to view the email (in a browser) which are generated by their system do not work. Support made the page work by installing a Let's Encrypt certificate but for the images (which they render on img subdomain for an unknown reason), they expect us to pay and extra 108€/year. Given this is a basic feature, there should be no hidden costs. I find this unacceptable. - Update 11 Nov 2020 - issue resolved to our satisfaction
- Transaction email API - 524 Origin Time-out sometimes, retries don't help
I raised another ticket with Sendinblue and they came back saying they will not validate our account due to the fact we are marketing COVID-19 products! They are literally stopping us from trying to protect peoples lives. If you look into BCB international we are a protective equipment company, therefore, we have always made masks, etc. We have now completely changed our factory into also making hand sanitiser to help protect the people of the UK. We are the NHS main suppliers for hand sanitiser and other PPE.
If this is an actual decision, with a reasonable thought process behind it, why is this not on their website? My team has now lost work hours setting up the account, building a campaign and teaching 6 members of team how to use it. Therefore we should also be reimbursed for these hours lost.
- It lets you send to multiple people at once.
- It lets you have as many customers as possible.
- It won't let us send emails to people who have subscribed, about life saving products.
- It is incredibly difficult to set up.
- It took two hours for the "verify your email" email to come through, therefore not letting me access it for two hours.
- There is no phone number to call them on.
- They are not helpful.
- Handles all types of emails, from receipts to newsletters.
- Inconsistent support, occasionally helpful, but often quite poor.
- Your emails will be marked as spam if you don't buy their dedicated IP.
- Quite a few bugs and things that just don't work the way you'd hope.
- SendinBlue is easy to setup and configure.
- When compared to similar tools, SendInBlue's pricing is highly competitive.
- At times we have observed the interface loads slow. The load time can be optimized.
- Reporting view needs improvement.
- Currently, SendinBlue is under the Marketing department which I supervise because I am in charge of the management of new projects.
2- It is a platform that has given me multiple benefits for my work activities. For example, I can communicate internally with my coworkers, I can create advertising campaigns, which we can customize so that they look in the best possible way and so that potential clients can contact me.
- Great ability to send transactional emails.
- Trial tests A and B.
- Powerful advertising.
- Medium level of complexity.
- Lack of informative material for all functions.
- Occasionally, there is a delay in sending and receiving messages.
* A bad scenario would be to use it to create false information and enter it on social networks and create spam emails.
- It has a great array of stats given. It will tell you how many open the emails, unsubscribe, and even what links they click. These are all easily found and are useful in changing marketing strategies.
- It's very user-friendly. SendinBlue was the first email list product I used and it was very easy to get it set up and start a campaign.
- SendinBlue also has a very good pricing structure. Our company was able to use the free tier for a while before upgrading. This makes it easy for smaller businesses to make use of email marketing without requiring a lot of upfront costs.
- The customer support could use some improvement. When our company moved to SendinBlue, we already had a large email list to import. SendinBlue had to verify the list to ensure it was legitimate which is fine, but we received no email notification of needing verification and I didn't know until I tried sending an email. Everything up to that point indicated that the account was fine.
- The email design feature could also use some work. It's fairly simple in it what it offers and I would have liked to see more content features. It would also be nice if they added a feature to preview the email on a mobile device.
- Flexible Email Templates
- Dedicated IP with DKIM Support
- Campaign Analytics
- Very Competitive Pricing
- Image Inserts Via HTML Source Code Inconsistent
- RSS to Email Offering
- No Direct Social Media Integration
- Amazing log and review of sent/opened/tracked email
- Best deliverability out of every solution we tested
- Real easy subscription and newsletter system. No coding required.
- Easy management of subscribers list
- Superb sending reports for newsletters
- Lowest price tier is too expensive for light users. We have to use the credit system and thus to separate the personal and the newsletter accounts and that is inconvenient.
- Mail automation part is a bit clunky in the UI
- There are some weird behaviors when it comes to sorting collected emails in groups
- Support is sub par
- No easy access to bounced email alerts
SendinBlue is not really recommended to those who are not tech savvy. To set it up and use it, the user needs to be at least a power user with web admin capabilities.
- List migration and verification: high level of scrutiny on your email list import before your first campaign launch. See this as a benefit to your deliverability as junk senders will be eliminated.
- Templates and Builder: very clean and easy to use builder allowing even a novice to produce great looking emails. Not a lot of fluff and useless elements, only the stuff you need to get information and effective CTA prompts to your valued customers/clients.
- SMS and SMTP: all under one program allowing for the integration of email marketing and text marketing without having to sync multiple programs.
- Excellent Support: without a doubt they are the leader in support and you are made to feel like a top customer no matter the volume of emails.
- Pricing: well, take a look and you will be hard pressed to find a better deal for the quality and volume.
- Template updates: I would like to see them rotate or add a few template options for seasonal celebrations. For some of my users, they work off of templates and it would be nice to get a few new options from time to time. But this is not a big deal or deal breaker. They offer enough standard.
- Video tutorials: not a huge thing, but for visual learners, a few video tutorials would be helpful when onboarding new users.
- Send an email campaign to a segment of your customer base
- Get analytics regarding your transactionnal emails
- Easily create scenarios regarding contacts' activities
- Deliverability is not always good, especially with Hotmail
- Scenario conditions and possibilities could be improved
- Very easy to use, with a very intuitive interface.
- Works perfectly with the HTML code. No layout changes.
- Great professional results. In a few minutes, you can assemble an email marketing campaign. Even if you have a free account.
- In the beginning, I had to enter with more than 10 contacts to validate the free account. I wanted to try the software before using with my client. That was a bit tricky.
- It would be great to make any last changes on the layout panel, before sending.
- Calculates the price in a different way than major competitors. As a company with a large user base this is helpful for us.
- Allows us to save previous templates of the newsletters we send so we can edit them every month after
- Keep users organized in different categories and groups
- Design wise it's pretty basic. It does allow for you to upload your own images but I'd say the options are more amateur
- I haven't used the analytics tool but I'd be happy to get more "Tutorials" on how to use them
- Sends emails
- Designs simplistic emails
- Reports on effectiveness of campaigns
- Support -- no phone support :(
- Automation - good start, but the system is limited and clunky. If & else work, but other common constructs are missing.
- Email support is slow, and not terribly helpful
- Easy to format and get emails looking nice in all email clients
- Adding unsubscribe feature to emails is quick and painless
- Allows for emails to be scheduled easily and is very reliable
- Can be really easy to schedule an email for the wrong time if you're not careful (pm vs. am)
- May have a steep learning curve for someone who is non-technical
- Cost for us (as a non-profit) is a bit steep
- Best price/value on the market. MailChimp rips your eyes out as soon as you start hitting volume. SendinBlue has honest prices.
- I can't really compare, but the API was easy to set up.
- A year ago the API documentation was really messy, but I don't know whether there have been improvements.
- It would be really nice if there would be more columns to the contacts (e.g. for gender) and it would be even nicer if these columns would be customisable, so I could e.g. add a boolean column 'frequent buyer' and only send emails to frequent buyers. It's something I have been missing with almost every campaign I did.
- I love how easy it is to design the emails. I don't have to be an HTML pro to make creative and clean emails to send to fans. I also love how you can drag and upload almost any photo including a logo in the header!
- I love how the tools on the site help keep me organized. Anytime I sign up a new fan, SendinBlue automatically sends a welcome email custom created by me so it's automated yes, but personal and sincere.
- Another strength is the folder option SendinBlue has for your contacts. Sometimes I may want to send an email to fans, and sometimes I just want to send an email to professional connections. Have the option to create folders helps a ton!
- I love how you can send many emails for free on SendinBlue. One of the many reasons I didn't choose other mailing list sites was that I had to pay a fee after a trial, or after only a small number of messages. SendinBlue gets that not everyone can afford to pay a ton of money just to send mass emails.
- I would really love if there were an input option for adding videos! I just released a music video and it would be so nice if fans could watch the video while reading the rest of the email instead of needing a new browser to be opened.
- I would love new designs and features for the font and email layout options just to keep it fresh and fun!
- It would be cool if SendinBlue could also team up with social media for sharing purposes. Often times I can share an Instagram post to Twitter and Facebook in one click. It would be cool if I could send from Instagram to my SenditBlue contacts!
- The pricing is the best in the game, SendInBlue was hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars cheaper per month than competitors.
- The API was very easy to use, we were able to implement SendInBlue into our email backend in less than an hour.
- Some things feel outdated when compared to the major competitors.
- I feel there are deliverability issues beyond the overall quality of the email list.
- WYSIWYG editor is excellent.
- Campaign statistics are timely and easy to interpret.
- List management and transactional email capabilities are easy to configure.
- I have yet to find any areas I would like to see improved.
- Email design is a breeze. The user interface is so well laid out, I was able to jump right in and design the whole thing without reference to any of the instructions.
- The reporting is very good. It has all of the important metrics on one screen and is very responsive.
- The emails that our customers receive look tidy and professional. In our tests, they looked and performed consistently across a wide range of operating systems and email clients.
- Pricing is flexible and very competitive.
- Being new to email marketing, I was initially unaware of the need to clean our list to remove dead addresses. It's a small point, but it would be great to be advised before submitting our list.
to keep our current customers informed in a way that's more cost effective and easier to create than postal marketing.
- SendinBlue is able to create professional looking HTML emails. This means that our email are answered more often than when we send text only emails.
- SendInBlue has a fantastic reporting system that is able to tell me who has read email, who has clicked on certain links. With this information, we are able to target those customers that are interested in certain categories of products.
- Although I do have HTML and CSS knowledge, SendinBlue allows me to create emails without using that knowledge making it extremely easy to use.
- One thing that could change is the ability to have images alongside each other. I can do this, but the gaps between them are quite large.
- A/B Testing could be an added feature but when we previously had it with MailChimp, we didn't really use it that much on our small email database.
- sendinblue provides a large set of tools, even if some of them need to be requested.
- Price is for now. below competition.
- Slow support, it took them 72 hours to answer and 24 more hours to unblock a campaign.
- UI/UX would need an important upgrade.
- They do responsive design templates that are viewable on any platform or device.
- The system is easy to use.
- The setup takes only a few minutes to set up
- The analytics are far superior to other platforms.
- They need to include the ability to add a click to call feature in the responsive templates.
- The ability to separate the logo from the navigation.
- Fast newsletter delivery to a large subscriber base
- Fair pricing allows small companies to get use of the features with a small subscriber base and then scale up as their subscriber base grows.
- APIs allow you to fully automate the process of generating and delivering newsletters. My web staff updates the website information, and sends the newsletter from my website back end. They do not ever even have to log in to SendinBlue. This creates a level of simplicity that prevents errors.
- I would like to see easier data collection from subscribers. The process for adding customs fields and populating those fields from an easy to use form is a bit tricky.
- I would like to see functions built in to SendinBlue that would allow me to utilize one-time use coupons into my newsletters. So when they click a link on the newsletter, SendinBlue will give them a coupon code, but each subscriber can only redeem that coupon once.
- Layout options and editable layouts. Many newsletter options we tried didn't have too much capability for layout, which could be fine for e-commerce but not for publishing.
- Clear reporting on the dashboard, and per newsletter sent out.
- Pricing: the only option we found that charges for emails sent vs. subscriber base. As we do not send emails every day, just once a week, we felt unfairly priced at our send rate with many competitors.
- Would like to have emails sent directly from our server (without extra charge). We noticed recently emails now come from sendinblue.com vs. a server with a series of numbers so this is a definite improvement!
- Would like to see our actual subscriber base number (total minus blacklist)
- Was initially difficult to figure out how to create newsletter signup to match the layout of our website but eventually our developer figured out a workaround.
- Sometimes when you click on the editing box, you end up going out to the hyperlink specified instead of edit box, this is sometimes annoying.
Sendinblue Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Sendinblue?
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Enterprise||Contact sales team|
SendinBlue pricing is based on the number of email messages sent, rather than the number of contacts you keep in your account. Try SendinBlue with a free account and send up to 9,000 emails per month (300 emails per day). As your business grows, you can upgrade to a plan that meets your needs without breaking the bank! Send up to 40,000 emails per month for just $7.37 -- or send even more emails at great prices.
Sendinblue Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Sendinblue Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Globally Supported|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish|