Likelihood to Recommend
Carbonite Endpoint 360 is a great solution for any organization with compliance needs. Office 365 defaults to a 30 day backup of all data. Carbonite Endpoint 360 extends this well beyond 30 days and provides an all-inclusive source for retention for data in Office 365. Any small to medium business would greatly benefit from this solution as they can design their entire infrastructure in Office 365 and ensure it's all backed up.
- It is excellent at automating your backups. You don't need to manually do it, just set it up once and let it run in the background.
- It's pretty simple to set up and use. It will automatically suggest the best options that work for most people and you can be up and running pretty quickly.
- It's safe and reliable. We have been using it for a couple of years now and had no major issues.
- Their phone support is excellent.
- It's also really easy to maintain your backed up data to reduce redundancy.
- To be honest not so impressed with the amount of time it has taken to get data backed up to the cloud.
- I have not had to do a restore at this time so I cannot comment on the restore process.
- I was not aware at time of procurement that the upload process would take so long since we were not procuring their hardware. Sales rep mad it seem like upload would only take a day or two and we are now starting week 7 hoping to be done by week 8 for 1.5 TBs of data.
Likelihood to Renew
Carbonite Endpoint 1.0
Based on 1 answer
I found their alerting to be very poor. I missed several days of backups without knowledge of this, until I signed into the portal. I would get daily emails reporting backups were in progress or done, but nothing indicating that a backup had been stuck or paused for 3 days. For this reason alone, I did not renew.
Carbonite Endpoint 9.7
Based on 14 answers
Does what it needs to do quietly and efficiently in the background without interrupting the workflow. It offers instant automated back-ups without troubling the end user. As it is such an automated system, once it is up and running, there is little or no support needed from the service provider. From what I understand the support from Carbonite during the setup and implementation was absolutely fine.
We have also used Mozy Pro and Dropbox. They are all pretty similar in functionality/features of backing up data (not system state or databases as I don't think any of the 3 are well suited for that). To me, it comes down to personal preference and choosing a product that is universal for multiple users, for ease of management.
Director in Information TechnologyLegal Services Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- Data backup is critical to us. Carbonite ensures that we don't lose anything important.
- It is also good protection against accidental deletions or if someone makes mistakes.
- Cloud back up also means we don't have to worry about maintaining back up equipment or redundancy in storage.
Account Manager in SalesHospital & Health Care Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
$24 per month
Carbonite Endpoint Editions & Modules
|Basic Computer Backup||$241|
|Advanced Endpoint Protection||$341|
|Basic Server Backup||$501|
|Advanced Server Protection||$1471|
- per month