What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Used this to create simple, yet effective process flows and system diagrams. If you need a lot of graphics or are trying to create more complex models, you might be better off with another tool. And if you've heard this is great for prototyping, wireframing, and design, I guess you could fumble around and try to accomplish that, but I can't imagine going through that headache. Use it for what it's intended for.
- I love how easy it is to use. From the moment you launch, you have templates to choose from that make it even easier to create the type of diagram or process flow you're trying to make.
- You don't need a tutorial or instruction manual to get started, especially if you're familiar with other similar software like Visio. Just drag and drop shapes onto the canvas and start your diagram.
- Maybe the best part is that it's completely free and that I can use it with OneDrive, Google Docs, or Dropbox. I can share it with anyone and even collaborate if needed.
- It's not completely robust like Visio is. I'm limited in the type and quantity of shapes I can use. But hey, it's free. And it works great.
- Creating a swimlane process flow to show how different actors work together to complete a process was a little tough to figure out at first. But you can just look up quick "how to" instructions (hint - swimlanes are called containers, and you have to rotate them so they're horizontal rather than vertical - kind of a pain).
- Adding special shapes and other graphics can slow down the speed of the application. However, I just try to keep it simple. If you're looking for something more robust, you'll probably be a little disappointed with draw.io.
Went with draw.io because it was free, easy to use, and didn't require any training. Very simple. Everything else comes at a price and a procedure to go through our corporate software committee review. This was painless.
Return on Investment
- It's free and easy to use. No big investment on time or resources. I didn't have anything to lose in trying it.
- Collaboration is easy. Very handy when you need something done quick and fast.
- Creating something visual is often the best way to convey ideas and information. I save lots of time with my stakeholders by creating drawings in draw.io.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?