Likelihood to Recommend
It's very easy to collaborate on the same file with team members and create simple concepts and flowcharts that you can use in the development process. It is also very handy for creating graphs and tables for presentations. Since this is a web application, we can use it anywhere, anytime and on any device; which provides great flexibility and accessibility. It also offers the functionality to save your work as you develop it, which is very helpful.
Professional in MarketingInsurance Company, 5001-10,000 employees
- draw.io makes it easy to edit whatever you're mapping out. Whether adding or removing a box, arrow, etc., draw.io automatically auto corrects your map and snaps things back into place. This keeps everything looking clean while you're working.
- draw.io syncs with Google Drive which is awesome for collaboration. When I used other, offline software, I would have to complete whatever I was working on in draw.io, save the file and then add it to my Dropbox or Google Drive. From there, the person I was showing it to would have to download it and was unable to make revisions. draw.io makes it simple to send easy-to-edit in real time drawings to anyone through Google Drive.
- draw.io is super simple to use. The interface is not confusing at all. All you have to do is point and click and the drawing builds itself out.
- It's easy to add text and layer things together.
- Copying and pasting whole sections of your drawing is easy and can save massive amounts of time. All you have to do is create a template once and then you can use it multiple times.
- Connecting shapes together in slightly less common ways isn't quite as intuitive and took some effort to figure out.
- It would be nice if the shapes could be auto-positioned and auto-sized accordingly to fit the contents and keep the diagram as neat and tidy as possible.
Based on 5 answers
The support for draw.io is pretty decent, considering it is a free website. I had a question one time when I was trying to do something, so I sent an email to their support email and got a response fairly quickly with an answer to my question. They also have some excellent support tools on their support website for helping you get more familiar with their program, and I found that very helpful.
Administrator in Information TechnologyEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
Went with draw.io because it was free, easy to use, and didn't require any training. Very simple. Everything else comes at a price and a procedure to go through our corporate software committee review. This was painless.
Return on Investment
- Our organization had a positive ROI migrating to Draw.io with simple cost savings over other products. We saved about 35% on our yearly "workflow, network diagram" software.
- Migration from Gliffy was easy, but did come with some administrative overhead. Our IT team needed to go back through and check most diagrams for errors.
- Our office saves a substantial amount of administrative overhead utilizing some of the templates provided within Draw.io.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?