Likelihood to Recommend
GoDaddy, in my experience, is very good for email platforms with a custom domain name. They use the Microsoft 365 platform for handling emails, which is nice, especially if you already use Outlook. It is also good for those inexperienced in website building. Their website builder is very easy to use, but doesn't offer too much if you are looking to do something completely custom.
- Customer service is definitely number one here. The fact that they are open for calls 24/7 and have a great support team is a really nice thing to have when you aren't fully versed in all things domains/cpanel/email etc. They also usually answer quickly.
- Ease of use throughout the website. It's made for the non web savvy individual, clear and instructive for proper usage.
- I think they know their target market well and it's nice to see that their website shows just that.
Executive in MarketingGraphic Design Company, 1-10 employees
- They nickel & dime like crazy! What other services provide as part of a basic package, GoDaddy charges piecemeal for.
- Their servers are extremely slow. Page load times would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
- Their account management is opaque, settings menus rely on buggy modals, nothing is where it should be, and to access the WordPress management screen users have to type in a separate URL - there's no link in context menus!
- Their customer service segments are difficult to reach. I've seen their 'WordPress Service Reps' marked as Offline for over a week! This means when I call I'm stuck with a generalist or a rep who is in over his head, so I end up advising the rep on what he needs to do to fix my problem.
- I only need to GoDaddy technicians because their interface is so obfuscative. Their attempt to make everything novice-centric has cost them tremendously in functionality.
Based on 2 answers
Some integration could be much cleaner and smoother. Seems it used to be easier. Plus, they took away the catch all email feature.
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyReal Estate Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 5 answers
Every time I have raised a query, they have been very prompt and have taken up the matter to resolve and successfully lead to a conclusion. They haven't just waited for an email. They also call you and guide you step by step so there is no confusion.
Partner in MarketingHealth, Wellness and Fitness Company, 1-10 employees
If you are looking for a bargain, and are okay with shared hosting, then GoDaddy is perfect, there are 'cheaper' hosting companies out there, however, GoDaddy is by far the most for your money in terms of inexperienced users being able to navigate their way around hosting and DNS
Return on Investment
- GoDaddy has been extremely helpful as our customers and distributors can do to get all the information they need from our website without calling the office.
- Knowing how much traffic we are getting and where it is coming from is extremely helpful in how we continue to update our site.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?