<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.3 out of 100
Based on 90 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Heap is great for tracking insights about how users interact with the product, and finding quick answers to questions. Oftentimes we'll be discussing an issue and wondering about a specific conversion rate or usage metric, and we can set up the Heap event and dashboard and have the information already. No waiting for a developer to set up the event or waiting or information to come in.
- Great UI - easy to read and perform analysis.
- Event Visualizer to allow anyone to easily set up an even to track.
- Live view that allows a user to see how performing certain actions on the site are reflected in Heap for tracking.
Employee in Product ManagementRetail Company, 51-200 employees
- Difficult (and as far as I can tell, sometimes impossible) to do some more advanced segmentation, or group comparisons within one chart.
- Can get very lengthy and laborious to create more detailed charts.
- There aren't as many "default" filters or segments as I'm used to (device type, location, etc), but this could be due to our set up.
- I really don't like that there isn't a way to add notes or comments or sections or anything into dashboards (or even individual charts). Sharing context is just as important as sharing numbers.
Manager in Product ManagementFarming Company, 1001-5000 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
Heap helps me understand key data points without fussing with the formatting of a dashboard. It gives me the benefit of data analyzation without the fuss of the formatting - as well as the ease of sharing data collected with my colleagues
Based on 31 answers
As someone who is not an engineer I find Heap relatively easy to understand and interact with. I do believe that you need some level of technical skills to understand how to set up reports and analyze user sessions. There also needs to be some level of coordination between those defining different events and those consuming it and there might be some misunderstandings there
Program Manager in CorporateLogistics & Supply Chain Company, 11-50 employees
Based on 31 answers
Most pages load very quickly, though sometimes it's harder when there's a lot of fields being pulled. One annoying thing that Heap does is group a bunch of lines when there is a large pull. The only way I've seen to find those lines is to export to a CSV file. This is annoying because takes you out of Heap.
Director in CorporateLegal Services Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 6 answers
I haven't used support much but when I did it was very strong. Heap has great reps that provide reliable responses and prompt communication.
Based on 1 answer
The implementation was more straightforward than I imagined it would be. There was minimal set up required from our internal developers. Training was the biggest hurdle.
Manager in Product ManagementComputer Software Company, 201-500 employees
Heap allows you to track and define events yourself without engineers. It is more expensive than some other analytics tools like Amplitude but it has out-of-the-box tracking that Amplitude does not have. The out of the box tracking allows us to have much better insight into what our users do as you cannot always plan for everything and don't want to miss past data. The data also goes to our data warehouse and is clean, allowing the data science team to have access to data for models and the analytics team can use this data for their purposes.
Return on Investment
- Heap has allowed us to track flows after the fact, which has helped us become more knowledgeable about our legacy conversion rates on our intake forms, and contrast those with rates after changes are made, giving us a better picture of our interventions.
- Heap has allowed us to validate analytics results from other tools, introducing redundancy, and ensuring our reports are being calculated correctly.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Heap Editions & Modules
- per year