Likelihood to Recommend
Mixpanel excels when the data going into it is properly tagged and with the right attributes. This means that companies need to be very deliberate with how they plan their development. Metrics need to be baked into the dev flow so that each page is properly instrumented. Furthermore, events need to be properly organized as it's easy to lose track of events and when they came online. If you don't put in the work beforehand, Mixpanel just won't be as useful.
- Tracking all events that happen on your website on a personal level. The closest analogy that people tend to make is with Google Analytics, but while GA lets you see how users behave in aggregate, Mixpanel lets you track how individuals behave.
- Easy funnel and A/B testing tracking - again, much easier than with Google. Must faster to integrate new events and change tracking funnels.
- Segmentation - it's easy to segment out and see how subsegments of users behave (e.g. users which came from our website from a specific traffic source).
General Manager in Product ManagementInternet Company, 11-50 employees
- Mixpanel restricts the time frame of how you can visualize your data in the Funnels, Segmentation and Retention features. For example, when you view your unique data in the Funnels and Segmentation features, you can only visualize your data for a maximum of a 3 month time frame. This makes it frustrating when you want to visualize your data for more than a 3 month time frame and requires you to manually add the time frames together. Furthermore, the Retention feature only allows you to measure the retention of a user for a maximum of 1 year.
- The notification feature allows you to send notifications only based on 'people' properties. It would be very helpful if Mixpanel allowed us to send notifications based on the 'events' users took on the website.
Manager in MarketingReal Estate Company, 11-50 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 12 answers
In the same situation again I wouldn't know what we would have done without Mixpanel (we had a consumer oriented community website). It was invaluable for our purposes.
Based on 1 answer
great, slick and clean interface
Manager in MarketingInternet Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 3 answers
Based on 2 answers
Mixpanel has a great resource about their product, with videos on how to use it and real world examples from other companies on how they integrate Mixpanel into their business processes.
Based on 3 answers
Mixpanel is a simple JS script installation. For adding events to track, its simply a matter of adding the code where you want it. Their API and documentation are easy to understand and use.
Mixpanel has a much better UX and the toolset provided by Mixpanel helps us solve our needs in a better way.
Director in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 1-10 employees
Return on Investment
- Mixpanel works very well for us. We've been using startup plan so far and did not spend a cent for the tool. ROI is definitely positive.
Manager in SalesAirlines/Aviation Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?