Likelihood to Recommend
I've used different testing systems, and Monetate is simple-to-use. I've been able to train interns who'd previously had little experience, too. More complicated tests require web dev. I'd like to be able to "safely" shift and style elements in a WYSIWYG interface, but the interface provides most of what I want.
Project Manager in MarketingRetail Company, 201-500 employees
When you need to be able to do it yourself Unbounce is the perfect platform to help. When IT resources in our department were overly committed to other things and Marketing was not able to have in-house landing pages built, it was the perfect solution for us. It allowed us to create our own pages quickly and easily when we were unable to build them otherwise. Since this point, we have moved the building over to marketing. It helps us stay brand consistent while also leaving IT time to handle other things.
Professional in MarketingPublishing Company, 11-50 employees
- You can test virtually ANYTHING on your website. Once you know what you're doing, it is really easy to upload assets and really customize the details of your test.
- If you have multiple websites, you can keep all of your website tests separate - for example, we manage two separate brands, both which have 3 environments we can set up tests in: development, staging, and production environments. So, we can easily manage 6 separate test groups and store the various content in the proper section, very easily.
- The design is really clean and easy to navigate. It is easy to organize and filter your experiments, you can tag them to make filtering a lot easier (especially when you have a bunch of experiments running at the same time), and the simple function of duplicating an experiment makes minor changes to a grand experiment SO much quicker.
- The Monetate Inspector tool (I could be using the wrong word, sorry!) also allows you to far more easily identify the unique ID of an experiment so you can find it in Monetate and make any desired changes rather than sifting one by one through your various experiments trying to figure out which one you mean to edit.
- Customer Support
- Unbounce provides users with valuable resources for building landing pages, including pre-existing template designs, a navigable technical support forum, and the "live chat with a human" feature. Therefore, Unbounce is ideal for users ranging from beginner to advanced levels of industry experience.
- Cross-Channel Reporting
- Creating Contact Lists For Drip Email Campaigns
- Unbounce also allows users to transfer and store contact information into a mailing list by integrating landing pages with various email marketing platforms (e.g. ConstantContact, MailChimp, etc.), both seamlessly and effectively empowering users to create a new mailing list, or bolster a preexisting audience.
- Monetate can be difficult to learn at first. I think having a clear way to access how-to guides or videos would help employees learn the tool faster.
- A small criticism but Monetate doesn't allow you to delete any experiences. It can make the platform a bit messy because there are times where we practice creating experiences and now they can't be deleted.
Employee in Product ManagementRetail Company, 201-500 employees
- The reporting is very basic - pretty much only A/B test comparisons. If you need more in-depth reporting you will have to use an external system.
- Page performance isn't great. When running our landing pages through Google's Page Speed analysis tool, they did not perform well compared to landing pages we created outside of Unbounce. This was big for us because, in paid search, Google looks at your landing page quality as a factor that affects what you pay per click.
Team Lead in Professional ServicesComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 24 answers
I had never worked within a company that had a tool like this. It made my life as a designer and a creative manager much easier with it's easy to use interface and limitless possibilities in terms of creative. I would highly recommend taking Monetate for a test drive, you will not be disappointed.
Manager in CorporateRetail Company, 10,001+ employees
Based on 9 answers
The nonprofit discount makes it so affordable that my client was happy to continue their subscription all year round. They have used it to build landing pages to capture expressions of interest for their next recruitment window. It hasn't quite produced the sort of results we were hoping for, but I'm not sure that's Unbounce's fault.
Based on 15 answers
Part of what I love about Monetate is how intuitive the tool is. Very very easy to use - based on the basics - Who/What/When/Where concept. Anyone can jump right in and start using the tool. And very easy to copy campaigns and tweak to continue to build experiences. We recently added Monetate on mobile and similar experience - easy to jump back and forth between platforms. Also love the analytics dashboard...easily quantifiable and easy to get tidbits that are digestible for others not as familiar with tool.
Manager in OtherApparel & Fashion Company, 10,001+ employees
Based on 2 answers
Unbounce made it easy for my team to build landing pages for website and email. We gained valuable A/B testing insights and gathered information from visitors effectively converting them to leads. The Editor is straight forward and I was able to learn to use it on my own without instruction. CRM integration was easy and consistently worked.
Based on 16 answers
Monetate support team meets with use weekly, answers emails daily and promptly. They are proactive about getting answers for us when we need it and offering suggestions based on observations they have or learnings they want to share from other partners. Monetate's support is top notch.
Based on 8 answers
Unbounce customer support is very strong. We have been able to connect with them via email and telephone mediums. They are very knowledgeable and can effectively help resolve difficult problems that are slowing us down. Overall Unbounce customer support is very professional. Our wait times have always been small or at least reasonable.
Based on 4 answers
Based on 2 answers
Choose a subdomain that is appropriate for multiple types of pages. You don't want to have to keep changing it. Think about using Google Tag Manager to manage your Google Analytics code and event tracking. Build one landing page to completion. Then make a copy of it if you need to create variant pages.
N/A This is my first time using a tool like this so I cannot compare however I don't see any need to try anything else. The team is helpful, the tool works and they resolve any concerns or issues when they do come up
Unbounce and Leadpages are very similar, I really don't have anything bad to say about either. I chose Unbounce over Leadpages because of the customized URL option. From a branding perspective, it looks stronger to have try.mycompany.com/myoffer than something like mycompany.Leadpages.com/myoffer. I just like that and i felt more comfortable knowing that we would be able to take ownership of the url even if it wasn't hosted on our home site
Return on Investment
- In many cases we have seen high lift in test scenarios very quickly, which helped us to move these better improvements to product faster.
- Monetate has also helped us to asses changes that won't work. There is less risk with Monetate when you can test a hypothesis out first.
Project Manager in MarketingApparel & Fashion Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Unbounce has allowed us an easy way to offer lead generation and conversion optimization services regardless of what technology the client is using for their website.
- ROI is achieved fast, as a single client engagement more than pays for the software each month.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Monetate Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
unbounce Editions & Modules
- 150 landing pages, 16 popups & sticky bars
- 375+ landing pages, 40+ popups and sticky bars
- 75 landing pages, 8 popups & sticky bars