What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
It is excellent for multiple groups or users with multiple activities at any one time, or for a single user wanting to have several project sections going on at any one time. It enables the user to keep things separate but all contained within a single portal, but it can become quite cumbersome relatively quickly.The bigger the organisation, the more consideration needs to be given to how exactly Trello is used to give the users the best experience, or even if multiple instances of the platform is necessary.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for Agile Methodology
Support for Waterfall Methodology
Change request and Case Management
Budget and Expense Management
Project & financial reporting
Integration with accounting software
- Trello has an intuitive interface for organizing boards and tasks. The kanban-style layout of the boards is simple and logical - categories are arranged left to right, tasks are arranged from top to bottom. It only takes seconds to understand the goals of the interface with minimal experience needed.
- The interactions within Trello feel natural and are consistent with what you would expect - double clicking to edit, drag and drop to move, etc. The interactions aid, rather than inhibit, my usage of Trello.
- Theming - Trello allows users to theme their accounts/boards. When using multiple boards, it is awesome to not only customize the board to look and feel they way you want it to, but it also allows me to know exactly which board I am viewing at a glance.
Sr. Product Designer
Four Winds InteractiveComputer Software, 201-500 employees
- Trello works by boards, which sometimes makes it difficult to work when we needed, for example, global labels. On each board, you must define and/or repeat your labels specifically.
- We use it for small projects because its boards are limited when it comes to the management of many people or very large projects.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
It does everything we need it to do to manage users and content as it progresses, but could do with more improvements too such as notifications or remote notifications. We have no reason to move for now!
Based on 6 answers
Trello is easy to sit down and use right away. The interface and the layout of Trello is very intuitive to me, and allows me and my team to access information quickly and efficiently. Being able to access the same format through my mobile devices is also valuable because there's no disconnect between 'regular' use and 'mobile' use - it's a seamless transition that allows me to work more efficiently.
Based on 1 answer
For our small business, getting a few of us started well on Trello was the key, I think. As long as a couple of us were really comfortable with the interface, we could lead others and help them with any questions. From now on, anyone who works with us just naturally uses Trello for information sharing - it's just part of what we do.
They are both task managers, but Asana seemed less friendly to me than Trello. Your minimalist design is aesthetically more attractive, besides giving rise to a simpler and simpler interface to use. It is possible to add widgets to the home screen. These allow more flexibility to view information at once, without the need to open the application. There is an application available for tablets. This will provide a better user experience than using an application designed exclusively to be used on a phone
Return on Investment
- With Trello it's more clear who works on which task and where are we with product development.
- The team is now more organized and less chaotic.
- Everyone knows what they need to work on and when to deliver. It helps us avoid confusion.
Co-founder & Chief Marketing Officer
inappticsInformation Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?