GrooveHQ Reviews

September 04, 2019
Leslie Nicole | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Groove for around 9 months for my customer service of my small business. I used it for answering customer emails and also for general business email. I used to use Desk.com and I was looking for a simpler solution.
  • Groove is pretty well organized.
  • They have a good knowledge base.
  • The support is usually pretty fast.
  • The email is extremely slow. It became unbearable. It did get better when they made some changes for me, but it was still slow. I've used other services and this was the slowest I've ever experienced. I wouldn't recommend it if you get a lot of HTML. They admitted they don't do well if you get a lot of HTML.
  • Very bad customer service if there is a problem or dispute. They sent out ONE email to say they were raising their rates the next month. I never saw the email. I didn't realize my rates had been raised until I went to cancel my account (due to being unhappy with how slow it was) They had raised my rate 3 times from $22 to $68! When I complained, they just replied that they sent out one email and left it at that. They stopped answering my emails. Wow. As someone in customer service, if I had a client who complained, I would bend over backwards to make them happy.
  • For what you pay with Groove, I would expect better service and features.
If you have customer service that is mostly text based, GrooveHQ isn't bad, but if you handle emails in HTML, it is way too slow. The customer service is good - until it isn't. I left with a very bad feeling towards them. It's too bad, too because it was avoidable. With better customer care resolution, I would have left feeling much better towards them.
I'm giving them a 3 for the really great support they gave for general questions. They also have a good knowledge base. I'm giving them only a 3 though because of my last customer service when I need a billing resolution. I was very disappointed in how they handled that. I also find it very bad practice to send out ONE email notice that they were raising my rate three times as much at the end of the month. When I was with Desk.com, I had numerous emails over months letting me know their billing plans were changing. Even worse than refusing to refund me the difference was that they just stopped responding to me.
Read Leslie Nicole's full review
December 06, 2018
Zach Zimmerman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Groove for our ticketing system. We have four different departments that utilize it and we use it to track customer emails, support requests, and client communication. This helps address problems mainly in my department, Support. With the vast number of email that we have from our clients, it is difficult to keep up in the standard email application. Groove helps provide accountability for our Support Team because it takes a response to the ticket to close it. This also helps us when we have clients email in with the same questions, because we can review how we have handled situations in the past.
  • Groove does a great job at organizing email tickets
  • Groove allows for canned responses, which helps us with frequently asked questions
  • Groove's integrated Knowledge Base allows us to build out a robust Support Site, and use that when emailing clients and responding to questions
  • Groove can be difficult to navigate occasionally. It is difficult to figure out how to properly format emails (create hyperlinks, etc.)
  • Groove's occasionally do not handle incoming requests properly.
  • If someone emails multiple email addresses, that have Groove set up, it will only add that ticket to one queue (not both).
Groove is great for people who are wanting to provide accountability and organization for teams across your business. It is suited well for an organization that has many email requests coming in every day, because you can assign tickets to specific team members. It would not be suited for an organization that utilizes more phone support, than email support.
Read Zach Zimmerman's full review
November 29, 2018
Bryce Johnston | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Groove in 2 different departments for our ticketing service. We use it in our Support department to keep track and answer all support emails that come in and we use it with our Design department to keep track of page/web designs that need to be made for our customers.
  • Creates Tickets when someone emails in or you can create a ticket within the groove system.
  • They have great reports on response times and the average amount of time it took for a ticket to close. You can even see individuals average response times as well as specific teams.
  • We use their Knowledge Base which is a great tool for creating FAQ and sending people to that.
  • It would be great if they had a mobile app. Since they do not have an app it makes it hard to address tickets on mobile or while on the go.
  • Adding attachments to a response could be better. It seems half the time when including an attachment that attachment does not send.
Before Groove, we just used email as a way to communicate via support and design which caused items/emails to be missed. GrooveHQ has helped us become more organized and ensure no emails or tickets slip through the cracks and has also helped us greatly improve our response time.

Outside of just the ticketing system Groove has a great knowledge base system that you can create for FAQ's which has helped us give our clients the ability to research and find the answers to their questions without having to email in.
Read Bryce Johnston's full review
May 10, 2018
Andrea Cross | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GrooveHQ to field support and sales ticket. It's great to have everything all in one place where we can collaborate, track, see stats and follow up with our customers.
  • It does a great job categorizing tickets according to the rules we have set up.
  • It lets us see what our team is working on and easily update and send tickets where they need to go.
  • Tools like snooze, changing the customer on a ticket, adding internal notes and having internal mailboxes really help keep things organized.
  • The support for GrooveHQ is great, along with their blog about how to improve customer service.
  • I wish there were custom options for the snooze tool instead of list of presets - they don't always work for our purposes.
  • It would be great if the auto-refresh were more reliable. Sometimes multiple people are working on the same ticket without knowing it.
GrooveHQ works great for receiving incoming tickets, being able to work on them across the entire team and tracking their progress. It's great to be able to go back and look up a ticket or search by customer to see someone's history. I'm not sure of situations where it would be less appropriate.
Read Andrea Cross's full review
May 02, 2018
Josh Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are helping to solve the issues that clients get when using their websites. It's been a great way to keep on top of problems that are being reported.
  • It is good to keep track of all the support requests that we get in.
  • It's a great way to keep on top of issues reported by clients.
  • The user interface can be slow sometimes to use.
It is perfectly suited if you have a lot of support issues emailed in. You can keep track of them all, organise them and reply to them. Never lose track of a support ticket again.
Read Josh Taylor's full review

Organize and prioritize service tickets (4)
6.1
Expert directory (1)
Subscription-based notifications (2)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (2)
Ticket creation and submission (3)
9.8
Ticket response (3)
9.9
External knowledge base (2)
Internal knowledge base (2)
Customer portal (2)
6.4
Email support (3)
10.0
Help Desk CRM integration (2)

What is GrooveHQ?

GrooveHQ is a simple help desk platform meant for small businesses and startups. The free version contains a ticketing system for two teammates. The $15 per agent, per month paid plan supports unlimited users, white labeling, integrations, and a workflow system for prioritizing tickets.