We're OK with MIP; it was our only option.https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012016-08-15T15:09:42.517Z
Updated March 15, 2019
We're OK with MIP; it was our only option.
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
MIP is our accounting and scholarship system. We keep track of all donations, scholarship distributions, and write all invoices and checks from MIP as well. Our accountant then uses it for reconciliation and adjustments/Journal Entries.
- The Interface is easy to understand. It is a typical accounting system. Not as intuitive as I would want, but the accountant loves it better than Quickbooks.
- As far as accounting software, it appears to be a powerful solution. Yes, it does. Again, the accountant loves it.
- In our area, it is widely used. Lots of MIP users, yes.
- Creating reports is not easy. Not the best with reports. Not intuitive.
- Integration with sister product FR50 is horrible. They may be owned by the same company, but the interfaces, reports, etc. are not at all similar.
- How we use it for scholarship management is less than desirable. We had to "make it work".
- It took a long learning curve to get up and running.
- We hope after another year we will see a good ROI. We are "used to it" and it is working.
We have 50 sub-funds. Data is pushed over from FR50. It works adequately.
DWD Technology Group - We don't like using this partner's tech group. The cost to use them per hour just too high. We do use their accounting team for our reconciliation,
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
Evaluating Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Do it in pieces, and get better answers from the implementation team
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support